Vocational Counselor 2
Posted on Mar 10, 2019 by DePaul
Type Regular Full-Time
FLSA Status Non-Exempt
Shift Varied Shifts
Department Work Guide
Corporation Name DePaul Community Services (DCS)
1. Respects and maintains consumer's rights and confidentiality and demonstrates a positive, caring attitude toward
all consumers, staff, guests, and service providers.
2. Provide oversight of ACCESS-VR funded Supported Employment Services.
3. Market programs to referral agents.
4. Provide one-to-one vocational counseling.
5. Conduct consumer assessments.
6. Provide crisis management.
7. Provide limited case management.
8. Conduct site visits as necessary to provide required services and meet regulatory criteria.
9. Provide job development for both paid employment and volunteer internships.
10. Responsible for long-term follow up services for employed consumers.
11. Job coaching as necessary to maximize success of job placement.
12. Must develop good working relationships with ACCES-VR, DSS, Social Security and OMH
13. Must adhere to Work Guide procedures and regulations.
14. Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Education: Bachelor's degree plus 1-year of relevant Human Services experience, or an Associate's degree in human services field with 2+ years of relevant experience.
Experience: Relevant experience should include working in Human Services field, ability to work with DD, LD, CD, Deaf or Hard of Hearing, and MH clients. Must have good communication skills, both verbal and written. Must be well organized and be able to work with limited supervision. Must be computer literate.
Other: Must have a current valid NYS driver's license that meets agency's clean driving record policy. Must have ability to work a flexible schedule. Must have reliable transportation and vehicle to perform job duties. Must be able to lift 50 lbs. Must be able to work standing, sitting and bending.