Assistant Program Director - SRO
Posted on Mar 10, 2019 by DePaul
Category Residential Care Mental Health
Type Regular Full-Time
FLSA Status Non-Exempt
Corporation Name DePaul Community Services (DCS)
Provide assistance to the Director with the overall operation of the SRO including but not limited to the oversight of the medication room and supervisory responsibilities. This includes overseeing the operation of the program in the absence of the Director.
*Please note, this position is Monday-Friday, 9:00am-5:30pm.
- Assists the Director with the overall operation of the program in accordance with DePaul policies and procedures as well as the standards put forth by the NYS office of Mental Health and other applicable agencies.
- Works in conjunction with the Director, Vice President and the Quality Management Department to ensure that each resident receives services which supports to the individual's emotional, intellectual, educational, social, spiritual, rehabilitative and recreational wants and needs.
- Assists the Director in developing and maintaining high quality standards of practice in every aspect of the program (this includes resident care, dietary, maintenance, housekeeping and security).
- Works with the Director to promote public relations in the surrounding community, outside agencies, and the mental health system.
- Assists the Director in all personnel functions including recruitment, hiring, training, supervision, evaluations and corrective actions in conjunction with the Human Resource Department.
- Oversees the overall operation of the medication room and provides direct support and supervision to the medication coordinators
- Serves as an active member of the Intake Committee and Risk Management team as needed.
- Provides advice to, and assists Residential Service Coordinators (Case Managers) with establishing and maintaining linkages with community providers for all medical / psychiatric support services.
- Shares responsibilities with the Director in overseeing the maintenance of both the housekeeping contract and the security contract. This includes facilitating on-going dialogue with the providers to ensure effective communication.
- Works collaboratively with the Director to ensure the safety and well being of residents and staff through the implementation of the fire and disaster plan and on-going fire and safety training.
- Provides on-going support and training to staff and residents with regard to the rehabilitative philosophy of the program utilizing person-centered practices.
- Works with the Director to oversee and monitor resident's personal needs allowances.
- Respects and maintains resident confidentiality and demonstrates a caring, positive attitude toward all residents, staff, guests and service providers.
- Assist the Director with reviewing issues at the monthly resident and staff meetings.
- Follow all safety rules and regulations for self, residents and staff.
- Performs any other duties necessary for the effective operation of the program.
Must meet one of the following three criteria:
A . Bachelor's degree in psychology or Human Service field plus two years of residential experience working with mentally disabled individuals (one of which includes related supervisory experience).
B . Associate's degree in a Human Service field plus three years of residential experience working with mentally disabled individuals (one of which includes related supervisory experience).
C . High School diploma or GED plus five years residential experience working with mentally disabled individuals (two of which includes related supervisory experience).
*In addition to the above criteria this position also requires a clean NYS driving record as outlined in DePaul's personnel policy. The use of one's personal vehicle is also a requirement.