Residential Supervisor 1
Posted on Mar 10, 2019 by DePaul
Category Residential Care Mental Health
Type Regular Full-Time
FLSA Status Non-Exempt
Corporation Name Living Opportunities of DePaul (LOD)
DIRECT SERVICE RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Respects and maintains resident's rights and confidentiality and demonstrates a positive, caring attitude toward all residents, staff, guests and service providers.
- Provide teaching, monitoring and recovery oriented supports in accordance with OMH 593 and 595 including the following rehabilitative services; Assertiveness/Self-Advocacy Training, Community Integration/Resource Development, Daily Living Skills, Health Services, Medication Management Training, Parenting Training, Rehabilitative Counseling, Skill Development, Socialization, Substance Abuse Services and Symptom management.
- Ensure that each resident receives comprehensive planning in a person centered approach for; admission (including the completion of admission notes), ongoing recovery oriented services and discharge. Ensure that each plan is complete and up-to-date in accordance with standards of practice and the New York State Office of Mental Health.
- Observe, monitor, and document resident behaviors as well as their progress in accordance with agency standards.
- Ensure that adequate scheduled recreational activities are provided with staff support.
- Ensure that supervision and documentation of resident medications are in accordance with agency policies.
- Assist with the coordination of services provided by outside agencies and professional for the overall continuity of care.
- Coordinate and oversee safe transporting of residents when needed.
- Perform any other duties necessary for the effective and efficient operation of the community residence and/or Treatment Apartment Program.
- Assign, train, supervise, and evaluate the daily activities of staff and volunteers, and schedule their hours to maintain appropriate and sufficient coverage.
- Ensure that all required documentation is completed in accordance with standards set forth by OMH and the agency.
- Conduct and document monthly staff meetings and ensure staff attend mandatory in-service training.
- Oversee and review all financial transactions within the residence, including staff payroll, site expenditures and petty cash (including recreation activities).
- Supervise the ordering of food to maintain adequate supplies and meet nutritional standards within budget constraints.
- Supervise the maintenance of the building and coordinate fire safety procedures.
- Maintain a positive relationship with the community, outside service providers and family members in an effort to foster community involvement and participation.
- Interview and make hiring recommendations to supervisor.
- Attend manager meetings and trainings as required by the agency and the residential team for each resident.
- Give relevant input and / or participate in treatment team meetings, staff meetings, continued stay reviews and any other meetings.
- Coordinate and assume on call responsibilities for the program
Education & Experience: Preferably a Bachelor's degree in Human Services and at least one-year related supervisory experience; or a combination of education and experience, which meets QMHS status as defined by the Office of Mental Health (OMH).
Other: Driving record that meets agency's "clean driving record policy".