Associate Medical Director- Kentucky and West Virginia (Part Time)
Posted on Mar 10, 2019 by Beacon Health Options
The Associate Medical Director works closely with Health plan partners developing programs to impact the overall health of members with behavioral health and comorbid medical conditions.
Associate Medical Director- Kentucky and West Virginia- Region 3
We are currently seeking a dynamic Associate Medical Director of Behavioral Health to join our Kentucky and West Virginia teams. The Associate Medical Director will be responsible for providing leadership and direction for clinical services including identification of potential quality indicators. The Associate Medical Director works closely with Health plan partners developing programs to impact the overall health of members with behavioral health and comorbid medical conditions. This is a part-time position and reports to the KY/WV Medical Director.
Position Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Work with the Medical Director to develop, implement, and interpret clinical-medical policies and procedures specific to behavioral health or can be expected to impact the health and recovery of individuals with behavioral health diagnoses.
- Clinical peer review, and round with UM and CM teams.
- Review of cases overturned by external reviewer for Beacon response (agree or not).
- Provider education, training, and orientation to promote adoption of evidence based practices.
- Clinical triage and the identification of potential quality of care issues.
- Attend regular leadership and medical director meetings established by Beacon Medical Affairs.
Education: Must meet education requirements established by KY State Medical Board for issuance of KY professional license.
Licensure: Must have a current, unrestricted license to practice medicine in the state of KY, be willing to get an unrestricted WV license, and have ABPN Board Certification in Psychiatry
Relevant Work Experience: Minimum 5 years post graduate experience with patient care. Minimum 5 years of experience with behavioral health/substance use disorder utilization management, preferably in a managed care and/or hospital setting.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Advanced beginner or better PC skills, and comfort level, required
- Experience with staff supervision
- Curious, industrious and innovative
- Enjoys working in a matrix organization on multidisciplinary teams
Click below on "Apply for this Position" to create a profile and apply for the position
Beacon Health Options is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer as well as a Drug Free and Tobacco Free Work Environment. EOE/AA/M/F/Veterans/Disabled
AAP Reporting Location:
MA - Boston (Corporate)
ID (Req #):