Posted on Mar 10, 2019 by Intalere Inc
As a member of our team of sourcing professionals, this position is responsible for conducting all RFPs and contract negotiations for Intalere and its membership. This team works in close partnership with the Clinical and Indirect Services Category Management teams. The category teams will provide strategic oversight and (where appropriate) initiate sourcing events & contract negotiations with the Sourcing Center of Excellence.
Key Result Areas:
Project Manage Sourcing Events
- Develops and reviews contract requests using approved model templates and ensures accuracy within requests.
- Execute Intaleres sourcing methodology for multiple, concurrent sourcing projects and maintain current status within project management platform.
- Review sourcing requests, work with Category Lead to establish target outcomes, and establish appropriate project timelines
- Execute sourcing events (RFI, RFP, RFQ, Auctions) to generate cost savings for Intalere membership per the agreed upon timeline
- Leverage Intaleres sourcing platform (Ariba) to engage suppliers, negotiate proposals, and award bids to suppliers.
- Work under direction and guidance of Category Lead on identified opportunities
- Understand supply market conditions (as evaluated & provided by Category Lead) and negotiate prices accordingly
- Analyze & evaluate supplier proposals and provide recommended supplier selection to Category Lead and Contracting Leadership
- Ensure maximum leverage of Intaleres collective purchasing power and exercise sound business judgment
- Negotiate, draft, and implement supplier agreements/contracts using pre-approved contract templates
Manage Contract information throughout lifecycle of supplier relationship
- Leverage Intaleres contract lifecycle management (LCM) platform (Ariba) to manage contract metadata throughout the lifecycle of the contract
- Prepare, edit, review, and maintain the quality of contract information within the contract management system
- Manage contract negotiations, extensions, and updates
- Reviews and evaluates proposed contracts for necessary/acceptable contract terms and conditions.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelors Degree Required
- 2-5 years of supply chain/sourcing experience
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Knowledge of RFP processes, proposal evaluation / scorecard, etc.
- Experience negotiating supplier contracts for assigned categories of spend
- Work collaboratively with manager and Category Lead to ensure sourcing/negotiation events are completed in a timely manner
- Technical skills in MS Office suite, sourcing platforms (Ariba)