Registered Occupational Therapist - Lafayette *Part-Time*
Posted on Mar 10, 2019 by Hopebridge, LLC
Provide occupational therapy evaluations and treatment to pediatric outpatient clients as well as prepare and maintain records and reports pertaining to patient evaluation and treatment plans.
- Conduct occupational therapy evaluations of clients referred to occupational therapy
- Conduct re-evaluations of patients on a regular basis, as recommended
- Conduct individual and/or group therapy sessions according to individual needs
- Participate in staff meetings and conferences indicated to review progress
- Provide assistance to staff regarding concerns pertaining to occupational therapy and assist staff in maintaining open communication with parents concerning occupational therapy problems
- Conduct in-service training for staff, parents and others as necessary and requested
- Supervise occupational therapy students and maintain records on students supervised
- Supervise COTAs and OTAs and maintain documentation as outlined
- Perform duties at multiple locations, as needed
- Operate all therapy equipment according to manufacturers and center guidelines
- Prepare reports of evaluation and reevaluations
- Prepare other reports relative to occupational therapy
- Maintain accurate records of services provided for statistical and billing purposes
- Maintain current daily notes
- Assist with IEP development
- Plan and conduct special education programs related to occupational therapy for staff and the community upon request
- Attend meetings and training as requested
- Adhere to policies and procedures of Hopebridge
- Assist in providing a safe environment for all patients and staff
- Assist with problem solving to improve efficiency within the Center
- Portray a positive attitude and maintain a customer and coworker satisfaction level that limits adverse situations or complaints
- Promote Center philosophies, generating team spirit and creating and maintaining and environment that fosters staff satisfaction, maximizes productivity and profitability
- Minimum of a Masters degree in Occupational Therapy
- Currently licensed occupational therapist and registered with the American Occupational Therapy Association and certified by the Indiana Occupational Therapy Committee
- Maintain a negative Tuberculosis screening according to the CDC
- Obtain and possess and maintain current CPR/First Aid certification and re-certification every 2 years
- Successful completion and maintenance of Safety Care Training
- Must possess excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Perform multiple, highly complex, technical tasks with a need to occasionally upgrade skills in order to meet changing job conditions.
- Specific skill-based competencies required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job include: applying assessment instruments; operating specialized equipment used in the treatment of communication disorders; operating standard office equipment including pertinent computer software; and preparing and maintaining accurate records.
- Specific knowledge-based competencies required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job include: anatomy and physiology of speech and hearing mechanisms and disorders; principles and practices of speech and language therapy; and pertinent codes, policies, regulations and/or laws.
- Flexibility is required to specific ability-based competencies required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job include: adapting to changing work priorities; communicating with diverse groups; utilizing specialized equipment in communication disorders; maintaining confidentiality; meeting deadlines and schedules; working as part of a team; working with detailed information.
- Attention to Detail - the ability to see and pay attention to details; the ability to recognize the component parts of a procedure or object, and to verify the correctness or error in an individual part or procedure
- Attitude Toward Others - maintaining a positive, open, and objective attitude toward others
- Commitment to the Job - motivation from within oneself to stay focused and committed to a task
- Emotional Control - the ability to maintain a rational and objective demeanor when faced with stressful or emotional situations; a measure of self-composure in a difficult situation and the ability to act objectively, rather than impulsively or emotionally
- Enjoyment of the Job - the feeling that one's job is both fulfilling and rewarding and that it has a positive and useful benefit.
- Flexibility - the ability to readily modify, respond to, and integrate change with minimal personal resistance
- Handling Stress - the ability to balance and defuse inner tensions and stresses; the ability to appropriately separate yourself from stressful situations and maintain your own sense of inner peace.
- Must have full physical dexterity/agility or be able to independently position self and perform all movements required (bending, kneeling, computer typing, standing, fetching documents from file cabinets).
- Must have sufficient corrected or uncorrected vision to carry out all duties and responsibilities.
- Need to be able to lift and carry pediatric population (weight ranging from 5 to 50 lbs.)
- Multidisciplinary clinic that uses collaborative approach
- Inside office workplace where patients meet with therapists
- Comfortable environment for children and parents