PHARMACY TECHNICIAN I
Posted on Mar 10, 2019 by Southwest General Health Center
- The Pharmacy Technician, under the supervision of a registered pharmacist, is responsible for the preparation, delivery, and retrieval of patient's medications used throughout the institution.
- He/she is responsible for the billing of certain pharmacy charges to the patient and the control of outdated medications.
- He/she assists in the orientation process of new personnel and may participate in health center and department committees.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Completion of Pharmacy Technician program (certificate or degree) required.
Required length and type of experience:
- Previous hospital pharmacy experience preferred.
Required licensure, certification or registry:
- Pharmacy Technician certification through PTCB required.