SURGICAL TECHNICIAN II
Posted on Mar 10, 2019 by Southwest General Health Center
- A caregiver who provides surgical support under the direction and supervision of a Registered Nurse or Clinical Supervisor. Provides Surgeon with instrumentation needs. He/she acts as a liaison between Physician, patient and family, and collaborates with other healthcare members. He/she assists in the orientation process of new personnel, is responsible for call coverage, attendance at team meetings, assists general surgery as needed and may participate in the other interdisciplinary or departmental committees. The Surgical Technician must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care for all general procedures according to specific chronological age, developmental age, and/or psycho-social maturity.
- Is a graduate of an Accredited Surgical Technician School.
- Required length and type of experience:
- Must have prior experience as a Surgical Technician (1 year).
- Required licensure, certification or registry:
- Passage of National Surgical Technician Certification Exam is Preferred.