Senior Maintenance Program Specialist - Weld Administrator Quad Cities
Posted on Mar 10, 2019 by Exelon Corporation
At Exelon, we've got a place for you!
Join the nation's leading competitive energy provider, with one of the largest electricity generation portfolios and retail customer bases in the country. You will be part of a family of companies that strives for the highest standards of power generation, competitive energy sales, and energy delivery. Our team of outstanding professionals is focused on performance, thought leadership, innovation, and the power of ideas that come from a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Exelon will provide you the tools and resources you need to design, build and enhance a successful career. We are also dedicated to motivating the success of our employees through competitive base salary, incentives, and health and retirement benefits.
Join Exelon and share your passion at a forward-thinking Fortune 100 company. Establish yourself in a place where you can truly shine and create a brighter, more sustainable tomorrow. Energize your career at Exelon!
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
Responsible for development, implementation and management of various maintenance programs that support the Maintenance Department. This includes, but is not limited to self-assessments, performance trending and indicators including budget, training coordination, weld program, procedures and policies, web site and software, M&TE, instrument calibration database, lifting and rigging, contract administration, and special assignments and/or special projects. Responsible for implementation and execution of the Maintenance Department's Corrective Action Program (CAP). Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, performing Condition Reports (CR) investigations, CR quality reviews, application of trend codes, trending program results, analysis of CR data, development of reports to Maintenance Management team and Overview PORC, and participating in station CAPCO and Management Review Committee meetings.
The Senior Maintenance Program Specialist will also function regularly as a backup FLS to support high workload times, vacations and outages.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Coordination and management of the Maintenance Self-assessment Program and Assessments, including leading and/or mentoring of organizational self-assessments and critiques, supporting Corporate Self Assessment initiatives.
- Monitoring, trending and reporting of the Maintenance Performance Indicators, including quality, efficiency, budget and human performance.
- Coordination and management of the Instrumentation Calibration Sheet Program, Maintenance Web Page and maintenance-based software programs.
- Coordination and management of the Measurement and Test Equipment Program (M&TE), including Station Functional Area Manager, governance committee member, out of tolerance reports, purchasing and material control.
- Coordination, management and communication of Maintenance training programs and activities including the program/course development, schedules, qualification matrixes, OJT/JPE, reference manuals and materials, and other interfaces between the Maintenance and Training Departments. Coordination and management for the Maintenance Procedure and Policy Program including the implementation, scheduling, processing, tracking and training of maintenance procedures.
- Assume and/or perform Maintenance Supervisor Duties as required including Duty Supervisor, ERO responsibilities and vacation/outage coverage.
- Development, implementation and management of special Maintenance Programs, Projects and/or assignments such as, weld program, lifting and rigging, corporate initiatives, INPO readiness, benchmarking, etc.
- Responsible for the daily oversight of the CR process for Maintenance, which includes:
- Daily prescreening and assignment of CRs and representing Maintenance at the CAPCO and Management Review Committee Meetings#CD#
- Support line organizations in the execution of CR utilization or investigations by mentoring or training the craft or actually performing investigations, when required. Ensure quality corrective actions are developed and executed#CD#
- Develop and maintain CR data base and trending reports, including planner feedback and supervisor observation programs#CD#
- Support for the development and trending of overview PORC and NSRB reports#CD#
- Tracking of department corrective actions.
- Individual must possess a two-year technical degree with 8 years utility or related-industry experience of which 3 years must be in a specialist level
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent computer skills
- Excellent problem solving, decision making and planning skills
- Meet ANSI requirements for site Maintenance Supervisor
- Must have completed a positive Leadership Assessment (FLS)
-4-year technical degree
- Previous Corrective Action / Root Cause Analysis Training
- Root Cause Evaluator qualification
- Interface with local, state and federal agencies and INPO.
- Interface with all levels of management across Exelon Nuclear.
- Function as Project Manager for special projects as required.
- As a requirement of this job, incumbent must hold all qualifications current and functioning as a backup FLS as directed by management.
Exelon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and employees or applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
EEO is the Law Poster