Project Engineer - Renewables O&M
Posted on Mar 10, 2019 by Exelon Corporation
At Exelon, we've got a place for you!
Join the nation's leading competitive energy provider, with one of the largest electricity generation portfolios and retail customer bases in the country. You will be part of a family of companies that strives for the highest standards of power generation, competitive energy sales, and energy delivery. Our team of outstanding professionals is focused on performance, thought leadership, innovation, and the power of ideas that come from a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Exelon will provide you the tools and resources you need to design, build and enhance a successful career. We are also dedicated to motivating the success of our employees through competitive base salary, incentives, and health and retirement benefits.
Join Exelon and share your passion at a forward-thinking Fortune 100 company. Establish yourself in a place where you can truly shine and create a brighter, more sustainable tomorrow. Energize your career at Exelon!
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
Provide technical direction and guidance to site operations and maintenance staff for assigned discipline. The position involves system and equipment troubleshooting, root cause analysis, performance monitoring, and defining outage work and maintenance priorities. Disciplines include: turbine/rotating equipment, I&C, electrical, substation/Balance of Plant, RTU, SCADA, and plant performance. Other technical disciplines and duties depending on location.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
1. Provide technical support to plant operations and maintenance
2. Provide system/component troubleshooting and root cause analysis investigation
3. Define outage work scope and contribute to DCP & engineering work packages as necessary
4. Prepare reports, procedures and proposals as required
5. Works with central based Program and Reliability Engineers towards improving system and component reliability and cost effectiveness
6. Manage small projects, including oversight of installation and acceptance testing as needed
7. Interface with plant asset OEM's to optimize equipment material condition and incorporate recommendations
8. Perform all other duties as assigned
1. BS in engineering with 4+ years professional experience
2. Knowledge of applicable discipline codes and standards
3. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including written and verbal
4. Strong computer skills, including knowledge and proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite Products
- Position reports to Operations Manager
- Advisor role, no direct reports
- Travel as required, 50% of time or more
Exelon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and employees or applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
EEO is the Law Poster