Registered Nurse (RN) Emergency Department - Full-time Rotating Shifts
Posted on Mar 10, 2019 by Ascension
This is the Emergency Department at St Vincent's East Trussville, AL. Great location, easy access to the interstate, free and convenient parking.
We have the second busiest ED in the Birmingham area. 3-12 hr shifts, mid shift rotation, fulltime benefits and Sign On Bonus!
About our Hospital:
- Great location with suburb feel patients not wanting to drive downtown.
- Part of the largest faith based, not for profit hospitals in Alabama.
- Behavioral Health Facility on the East campus.
- Free and easy parking for hospital and physical appointments.
- Offers all the major service lines except Birth Suites/NICU.
- Easy access from many rural communities.
- Hospital has a longstanding presents in the community.
- Excellent staff that provides care for those in their community.
- Level III Trauma
- Specialty/Critical Care Experiences
- Clinical Education available
- Different shifts available
- Great Benefit options
- Competitive pay
- Sign on bonus opportunities
The Registered Nurse (RN) Emergency Department provides direct nursing care in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization. We have the second busiest emergency room in the Birmingham area!
- Implements and monitors patient care plans. Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate.
- Serves as a primary coordinator of all disciplines for well-coordinated patient care.
- Notes and carries out physician and nursing orders.
- Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team.
- Required Credential(s):
- Advanced Life Support credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 12 Months (1 year) of hire date or job transfer date.
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 1 Month (30 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
- Licensed Associate Professional Registered Nurse credentialed from the Alabama Board of Nursing obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Diploma from an accredited school/college of nursing required
- 2-5 years Emergency Room experience preferred but not required
Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, national origin, age or any other characteristic protected by law.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
St. Vincent's participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-verify link below for more information.
E -Verify (link to E-verify site)