RN Registered Nurse - Long Term Care FT 40 Nights
Posted on Mar 10, 2019 by Ascension
We Are Hiring
RN Registered Nurse - Long Term Care - Skilled Nursing Facility 004 - $5,000 Sign on Bonus Full-Time 40 Nights - Amsterdam Memorial Campus, Wilkinson RHCF - Amsterdam,NY
Why Join Ascension?
This Full-time Night RN position is Eligible for a $5,000 Sign on Bonus
For us, work is more than the place we go each day. It's an environment that nurtures relationships, connects talent, and understands patients so we can provide holistic care that treats the whole person: body, mind and spirit. Our innovative approach impacts and influences the community that we serve. So if you're looking for a home where you can put your skills and experience to work, make a difference every day and pursue your goals for the future, join our team.
We are located on the St. Mary's Hospital Memorial Campus on Route 30 Amsterdam, the Wilkinson Center is one of the area's most complete long-term care facility. The 160-bed skilled nursing facility offers a full range of services in a caring, residential setting designed to meet the physical, emotional, social and spiritual needs of each resident. The Wilkinson Center has a special wing exclusively for patients with dementia, Alzheimer's disease or other brain disorders.
- Power of Purpose: For us, work is more than the place we go each day. It's an environment that nurtures relationships, connects talent, and understands patients so we can provide holistic care that treats the whole person: body, mind and spirit. Our innovative approach impacts and influences the community that we serve.
- Compensation/Benefits: At Ascension, we care for the people who are the foundation of our work to fulfill our mission: our associates. We offer a comprehensive benefit package inclusive of medical, dental, vision, retirement, and generous PTO. Associates can also take advantage of other great benefits like tuition reimbursement or adoption assistance.
- Culture of Teamwork: We encourage diversity of talent and thought; while offering the support of a multidisciplinary team. We work to build teams that respect each other. A team that respects each other feels good. We are on a mission to help people feel good, patients and associates.
- Teamwork: Our open, highly collaborative work environment allows nurses to identify and share ideas across disciplines so we can all give better care.
What You Will Do
As our Registered Nurse (RN) for Long Term Care, you will make an enormous impact and form strong connections with your patients and their families! You will provide extended periods of care to those who are chronically ill or have a disability.
As an Associate with St. Mary's Hospital - NY, you will have the opportunity to provide direct nursing care to patients in the long term care setting in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization.
- Implements and monitors patient care plans. Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate.
- Serves as a primary coordinator of all disciplines for well-coordinated patient care.
- Notes and carries out physician and nursing orders. Assures resident safety by identifying safety hazards and emergency situations and initiates corrective action as appropriate.
- Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team.
- Knowledge of DOH regulations for assigned setting
- Evaluates & reviews effectiveness of interventions & implementation of nursing care
- Assesses physical, psychosocial, spiritual, self-care, environmental needs of patients and significant others
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- Certified BLS Provider obtained within 3 Months (90 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
- Licensed Registered Nurse credentialed from the New York Department of Education obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
Education & Work Experience:
- Associate Degree
- Bachelor's degree preferred and Associate's degree required; Bachelor's degree preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity