Director - Cardiac Clinical Service Line
Posted on Mar 10, 2019 by Ascension
We Are Hiring
Come Join our Staff at St. Vincent's Birmingham as our Clinical Service Line Director of Cardiac Services!
Why Join Ascension?
St. Vincent's Birmingham has over 400 beds and provides care for many patients within the downtown area and surrounding communities. Known for our Birth Suites and Ortho Sports service line, St. Vincent's has a compelling reputation in the Birmingham area as the hospital of choice for many services and the hospital is easy to get to from any location.
St. Vincent's Health System is the first and only health system in the nation to hold the Society of Cardiovascular Patient Care (SCPC)'s heart accreditations in all three areas, those include atrial fibrillation, heart failure and chest pain. St. Vincent's Cardiovascular Care Center offers a variety of services to assist patients with cardiovascular problems. These services aid in the diagnosis and treatment of cardiovascular diseases.
- Compensation/Benefits: At Ascension, we care for our associates: the people who are the foundation of our work to fulfill our mission. We offer a comprehensive benefit package to include medical, dental, vision, retirement, as well as a generous PTO/Holiday accrual. Company paid Short Term, Long Term, Basic Life and Accidental death benefits are also included. Associates can take advantage of other great benefits like tuition reimbursement, adoption assistance and much more.
As an Clinical Service Line Director with St. Vincent's Health System-AL, you will have the opportunity to lead the management of the cardiac clinical service lines.
- Coordinates the use of human and financial resources to ensure the service line(s) operates efficiently, effectively, safely and timely. Manages contracts and service agreements associated with the service line(s).
- Evaluates, develops, and adapts the clinical and business processes of the clinical service line(s) to meet the ever changing healthcare environment and needs of patients and families.
- Develops and markets expanded and/or new services in response to innovation, technology, strategic developments or compensation consistent with the goals of the clinical service.
- Partners with other key departments to develop short and long range strategic plans for the service, operating and capital budgets, and an integrated strategic and financial plan for the service.
- Works with managed care and physician contracting staff to ensure best pricing and best physicians are in place.
- Ensures systems are in place to collect, analyze, benchmark and report quality data to key stakeholders to improve processes
What You Will Need
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) preferred
- Licensed Registered Nurse credentialed from the Alabama Board of Nursing preferred.
- Bachelor's degree required:
- Master's degree preferred
- 5 years of experience required.
- 10 years of experience preferred.
- 2 years of leadership or management experience required.
- 5 years of leadership or management experience preferred.
- Cardiac experience preferred but not required
Equal Employment Opportunity
As an equal opportunity employer, St. Vincent's and all its ministries comply with all applicable employment laws and regulations. In order to provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at St. Vincent's and all its ministries based on merit, qualifications and abilities.
Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, national origin, age or any other characteristic protected by law.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
St. Vincent's participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)