RN Registered Nurse Supervisor - Operating Room OR - Sign on Bonus Ava
Posted on Mar 10, 2019 by Ascension
RN Registered Nurse Supervisor - Operating Room OR - Sign on Bonus Available
Dell Seton Medical Center at The University of Texas (DSMCUT)
Surgery - Operating Room
Full Time 36 hours
Preferred Experience: Must have leadership/Charge experience and prefer BSN or higher
Now Offering OR RN Sign-On Bonuses at Dell Seton Medical Center at the University of Texas!
*Payout based on education, experience and specialty.
Why Join Ascension?
Seton is a regional healthcare network made up of 10 hospitals that includes five urban acute care hospitals, two rural hospitals, the area's only non-profit mental health hospital and over 100 clinic locations. As a part of Ascension, Seton leverages national resources to improve care on a community level.
Notably, Dell Children's Medical Center of Central Texas is a world-class pediatric medical center with its own Level I trauma center. Our newest hospital is Dell Seton Medical Center at The University of Texas, which opened in early 2017. We are also very proud that Seton Medical Center Austin was recently named the #1 Ranked Austin Hospital in U.S. News & World Report, and is the region's largest medical facility.
Seton is changing healthcare for the better. Our system has over 12,000 employees and serves an 11 county population of over 1.8 million people. Together, we gain our power by listening and communicating We gain our power by listening and communicating. We show it by pitching in. We grow it by looking after one another. Seton is an environment of excellence, from our innovative spirit to the impact and influence we bring to Texas.
Giving back to the community - it's the core of what we do. Time and again, our associates tell us how rewarding it is to be a part of Seton's founding mission to deliver the best care possible with dignity and respect for everyone we serve. We call that mission Humancare and it's how our associates make a difference in the lives of people throughout Central Texas communities.
What You Will Do
As an RN Nurse Supervisor in the Surgery Unit at Dell Seton Medical Center at The University of Texas, you will have the opportunity to supervise and coordinate unit staffing and provide leadership while ensuring implementation of clinical objectives and quality patient care in assigned area.
- Assigns, directs, educates and monitors nursing and support staff during assigned shift. Contributes to or performs performance evaluations of staff.
- Assesses daily patient care needs and develops and distributes patient care assignments, ensuring that population appropriate patient care is given.
- Evaluates the effectiveness of patient care and identifies any issues that affect desired patient outcomes.
- Responds to complaints about patient care and manages through established channels.
- May provide input for hiring, training, directing, development and evaluating of staff.
We are searching for the best and brightest RN Nurse Supervisor around the country to be key members of our organization.
- Serve as a primary coordinator of all disciplines for well-coordinated patient care.
- Collaborate with physicians, patients and their families, nurses, therapists, social workers and other members of the patient care team to develop a patient specific care and treatment plan.
- Cooperatively utilize varied solutions to educate and promote the health and independence of the patient.
- Assess, monitor, document and report progress of patient's health and condition using required documents, reports and established timelines.
- You will do all of this while contributing to mission effectiveness by promoting the spirit embodied with the Mission Statement: Service to the poor - Support the cause of those who lack resources for a reasonable quality of life. Reverence - Respect and compassion for the dignity and diversity of life Integrity - Inspiring trust through personal leadership. Wisdom - Integrating excellence and stewardship. Creativity - Courageous Innovation. Dedication - Affirming hope and joy in our ministry.
- Staffing Support: We offer flexible staffing based on patient volume so nurses don't get overwhelmed.
- Teamwork: Our open, highly collaborative work environment allows nurses to identify and share ideas across disciplines so we can all give better care
- Scheduling: From self-scheduling to flexible shifts, we're implementing new ways to offer nurses more and better options.
- Learning: Beyond helping to identify areas of improvement daily, our nurses also get access to a wide range of learning opportunities and support.
- Compensation/Benefits: At Ascension, we care for the people who are the foundation of our work to fulfill our mission: our associates. We offer a comprehensive benefit package inclusive of medical, dental, vision, retirement, and generous PTO. Associates can also take advantage of other great benefits like tuition reimbursement or adoption assistance.
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 3 Months (90 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
- Licensed Registered Nurse credentialed from the Texas Board of Nursing .
- Diploma from an accredited school/college of nursing required
- Bachelor Degree in Nursing preferred
- 1 year of experience required.
Seton Healthcare Family is an equal employment opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and complies with all applicable federal, state and local equal employment regulations and laws. It is the policy of the Seton Healthcare Family to afford equal employment opportunities to all employees and prospective employees without regard to their race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic or status that is protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all personnel actions, such as hiring, promotion, transfer, demotion, termination, layoff and all other conditions and privileges of employment in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
Affirmative Action goes beyond the concept of equal employment opportunity. Affirmative Action policies and programs are required to overcome the present effects of past discrimination and to achieve equal employment opportunity for members of groups that are or have been formerly under-represented. Affirmative Action policies and programs are tools whereby additional efforts are made to recruit, employ and promote qualified members of formerly excluded groups, even if that exclusion cannot be traced to particular discriminatory actions. Through specific and result-oriented activities, Seton Healthcare Family's goals are to ensure that every person is given full consideration through equal employment opportunity policies and practices and to achieve a representative workforce through its affirmative action efforts. It is further the policy of the Seton Healthcare Family to encourage vendors, contractors, affiliate institutions and others doing business with the Seton Healthcare Family to observe the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action.
Seton Healthcare Family is an EEO/AA employer: M/F/Disabled/Vet.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the "EEO is the Law" poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.