Posted on Mar 10, 2019 by Ascension
We Are Hiring
RN-Emergency Dispatch - Ascension Connect Nurse Access IN Region - FT, Nights - 250 W 96th St - Indianapolis, IN
Why Join Ascension?
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As the largest non-profit health system in the U.S. and the world's largest Catholic health system, Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, with special attention to persons living in poverty and those most vulnerable. In FY2017, Ascension provided more than $1.8 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs. Ascension includes approximately 165,000 associates and 34,000 aligned providers. Ascension's Healthcare Division operates more than 2,600 sites of care - including 153 hospitals and more than 50 senior living facilities - in 22 states and the District of Columbia, while its Solutions Division provides a variety of services and solutions including physician practice management, venture capital investing, investment management, biomedical engineering, facilities management, clinical care management, information services, risk management, and contracting through Ascension's own group purchasing organization.
What You Will Do
As an RN-Emergency Dispatch with Ascension, you will have the opportunity to receive and respond to emergency and non-emergency telephone and radio calls for medical assistance.
- Responds to calls in a time-sensitive manner.
- Ensures appropriate and accurate routing of calls.
- Dispatches emergency units and coordinates air medical flights as appropriate and per established algorithms.
- Maintains documentation of calls and physician/service referrals for legal, medical and statistical purposes.
- Follows up with referring entities for ease of access, marketing, evaluation, and quality improvement.
What You Will NeedLicenses/Certifications/Registration:
- Required Credential(s):
- Registered Nurse obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date. License required relevant to state in which work is being performed.
- Diploma from an accredited school/college of nursing required
- None required.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Ascension Health participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E -Verify (link to E-verify site)