Medical Assistant Certified - Heritage Office
Posted on Mar 10, 2019 by Ascension
We Are Hiring
Medical Assistant-Certified - Heritage Office - FT Day 80 Hours Bi-Weekly - St Mary's of MI-HeritageFamily - Saginaw,MI
Why Join Ascension?
Based in Saginaw, Ascension St. Mary's of Michigan is a regional health system offering high quality care in cardiovascular, neurosciences, orthopedics, emergency and trauma, cancer, bariatrics, imaging diagnostics, and primary care. A part of Ascension since 1999, we offer 268 beds and over 20 specialty centers to provide access and care for people from over 70 counties.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with Ascension St. Mary's of Michigan, you will have the opportunity to assist with the examination and treatment of patients under the direction of a physician.
- Assists with treatments ordered by physician as supervised by physician or registered nurse. Performs select clinical duties.
- Interviews patients, measures vital signs, and records information on patients' charts. Prepares treatment rooms for examination of patients.
- Performs basic clerical duties including answering the phone, maintaining records, and filing.
- Performs basic materials management functions to include ordering and stocking of supplies. Assists with maintaining a clean and orderly environment.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Customer Service: Consistently exhibit value based behavior. Protect the dignity, privacy and confidence of patients, co-workers and guests.
- High Reliability: Adopt behaviors and techniques to prevent, detect and correct errors to eliminate harm to patients.
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- Certified BLS Provider obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Certified Medical Assistant obtained within 6 Months (180 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
- HS or Equivalent
- High School diploma or equivalent required Graduate of Medical Assistant program required and One year medical office experience preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity