Bus Relationship Mgr II
Posted on Mar 10, 2019 by Covance
Get ready to redefine what's possible and discover your extraordinary potential at Covance. Here, you'll have the opportunity to personally advance healthcare and make a difference in peoples' lives with your bold ideas and unique point of view. With the support of exceptional people from across the globe and an energized purpose, you'll be empowered to own your career journey with mentoring, training and personalized development planning.
Covance is hiring a Business Relationship Manager to join our dynamic team!
We have helped the pharmaceutical industry develop more medicines worldwide than any other company, including the top 50 best-selling drugs on the market today and 100% of all Oncology drugs approved in 2016. Covance has been named among the World's Most Innovative Companies in Forbes' 2017 Ranking, and more than 90% of the top 20 global pharmaceutical companies are repeat customers… we can offer you not only a job, but a stable, long-term career. With the support of exceptional people and an energized purpose, you'll be empowered to own your career journey with dedicated mentoring, training and personalized development planning.
The Sr. Manager of Financial Planning & Analysis role which will be responsible for providing strategic financial direction to the company's executive leadership team, maintain and improve business models, and will work closely with business/functional leaders to ensure that optimal financial performance is achieved. This individual will be a key individual in the annual budgeting and strategic planning process, as well as lead other value-add initiatives. Specific responsibilities include business planning, long-term forecasting, strategic analysis, special projects, and partnering across the organization. This is an excellent opportunity to leverage prior experience and knowledge to make an impact on a growing organization *Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Work closely with Operational Management to develop forecasts, understand variances, and recommend process improvements.
- Partner with business units to develop root cause analysis and gap closure plans
- Provide status of financial condition of the business unit by collecting, interpreting and reporting key financial data.
- Lead and present monthly and quarterly financial reporting, analysis, and forecasting activities.
- Provide input into the annual budget and quarterly forecast process.
- Develop annual budget and quarterly forecast updates.
- Develop rolling forecast for country, by Business Unit and Function
- Lead preparation of profitability analysis
- Conduct monthly variance analyses.
- Conduct financial analyses independently or as a leader of a team.
- Develop insightful, decision-making analytics
- Develop formal reporting packages as well as ad hoc financial analyses as required.
- Work with business unit financial leadership to provide support for development of financial plans.
- Mentor and train individuals associated with the financial planning and analysis function.
- Assume other activities and responsibilities from time to time as directed.
BS/BA degree in Finance/Accounting. MBA and/or CPA preferredExperience
- Minimum 10 years of relevant financial experience. Proven track record in leading/managing a financial planning, budgeting, and forecasting/business modeling function/process.
- Must have thorough understanding of financial statements and the interface between external reporting, management reporting and budgeting/forecasting.
- Motivated, dedicated, committed leader with experience on a FP&A team / business partnering function.
- A hands-on, take-charge financial professional with strong analytical skills.
- High level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and results-orientation. Strong business and common sense.
- Excellent analytical, quantitative, and problem solving skills required. Experience with Hyperion and various business analytic tools desired.
- Strong presentation and communication skills required. Ability to collaborate across various financial and operational groups from senior management to staff.
- Strong problem solving