Posted on Mar 10, 2019 by Ascension
We Are Hiring
MRI Technologist - Magnetic Resonance Imaging 001 - PRN Rotating - St Mary's of Michigan-MedCtr - Saginaw,MI
Why Join Ascension?
Based in Saginaw, Ascension St. Mary's of Michigan is a regional health system offering high quality care in cardiovascular, neurosciences, orthopedics, emergency and trauma, cancer, bariatrics, imaging diagnostics, and primary care. A part of Ascension since 1999, we offer 268 beds and over 20 specialty centers to provide access and care for people from over 70 counties.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with Ascension St. Mary's of Michigan, you will have the opportunity to operate a magnetic resonance scanner to obtain images used by physicians in the diagnosis and treatment of pathologies.
- Prepares and positions patients and selects anatomic and technical parameters accurately to produce cross-sectional images of the body.
- Performs patient pre-screening, scheduling, and education related to the examination.
- Enters and monitors patient data, transfers images from disk to magnetic media to produce the transparency, and develops film in an automatic processor.
- Follows radiation safety procedures and guidelines.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Prepares and administers contrast media within the accepted scope of practice and applicable state and federal regulations.
- Observes patient during procedure and reports abnormal activity. Monitors protocols and recommends updates or refinements as warranted.
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- Certified BLS Provider obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Radiologic Technologist credentialed from the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date. MRI Specialty preferred. Must be board-eligible in MRI.
- Associate Degree
- Associate's degree required Graduate of an AMA approved School of Radiologic Technology and Two years experience as a Registered Radiographer preferred, one year MRI experience preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity