Posted on Mar 10, 2019 by Ascension
We Are Hiring
Sonographer I - Seton Imaging Ultrasound - Full-Time,Day - Wilkens Ave-3449-Baltimore MD - Baltimore,MD
Work Schedule: M-THURS. 10:30-7:00 FR. 8-5:30 Saturday ROTATION EVERY 3 SATURDAY
Why Join Ascension?
For more than 150 years, Saint Agnes Hospital, part of Ascension, has been dedicated to the art of healing by providing exceptional care to the greater Baltimore area. Built on a strong foundation of excellent medical care and compassion, Saint Agnes and the physicians who practice here are committed to providing the best care for our patients for many years to come.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with St. Agnes Healthcare-MD, you will have the opportunity toPerforms diagnostic procedures on patients using ultrasound waves to examine tissue and body structure, providing quality images to radiologists and physicians for interpretation.
- Sets up and adjusts all equipment and manually maneuvers transducers to perform exams.
- Implements safety standards and performs appropriate quality control procedures.
- Performs routine and complex studies and assists physician in a variety of imaging procedures.
- Recognizes significant structures, artifacts, pathology and equipment limitations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Reviews medical records and orders to ensure proper exam is performed and correct history is obtained. Completes all finishing work to include proper patient ID, requisitions, patient chart documentation and all forms required for the specific exam.
- Provides protection in accordance with prescribed patient and equipment operator safety standards to include applications of immobilization restraints.
- Demonstrates competency in the use of the Radiology Information System and if applicable, the PACS system.
- Independently performs quality control procedures at the designated intervals on imaging and ancillary equipment to ensure compliance with the Federal and Joint Commission standards of care.
What You Will NeedLicenses/Certifications/Registration:
- Required Credential(s):
- Certified BLS Provider specializing in Health Service Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Medical Sonographer credentialed from the American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography (ARDMS) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- One or more of the following:
- Medical Sonographer credentialed from the Cardiovascular Credentialing International (CCI) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Required: Graduate of accredited school of sonography
- HS or Equivalent
- Required: High school diploma or general education degree (GED) Preferred: Associate's degree in sonography from an accredited school
- Required: One year of clinical experience in sonography.
Equal Employment Opportunity