Cardiovascular Tech - Cardiac Cath Lab
Posted on Mar 10, 2019 by Ascension
We Are Hiring
Cardiovascular Tech 1 - Cardiac Cath Labs Anc 001 - Full-Time,Day - Ascension Providence Hospital, Novi Campus - 34015 - Novi,MI
Why Join Ascension?
Our Mission, Vision and Values: Ascension Michigan, as a Catholic health ministry, is committed to providing spiritually centered, holistic care which sustains and improves the health of individuals in the communities we serve, with special attention to the poor and vulnerable.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with Ascension Michigan, you will have the opportunity to assists with cardiovascular procedures to analyze, diagnose and treat the cardiovascular system.
- Prepares patients for procedures. Reviews medical history, positions patients and cleans/shaves/numbs testing sites as appropriate.
- Interprets, describes and reports test results; recognizes recording errors and artifacts and reacts appropriately.
- Monitors patient prior to, during and after procedures and promptly reports any abnormal findings in patient's condition.
- Prepares and maintains equipment, supplies and lab area.
- Administers medication and intravenous fluids including blood and blood products.
- Removes vascular sheaths from the femoral, radial, brachial artery and vein utilizing manual or mechanical compression.
- Performs airway management including placement of oral and nasal airways, administering supplemental oxygen, and suctioning.
- Sets up sterile table, prepares patients, performs scrub in procedures with physicians and assists with wire handling, catheter advancement, x-ray controls and equipment preparation for diagnostic and interventional procedures.
What You Will NeedLicenses/Certifications/Registration:
- Required Credential(s):
- Certification specializing in Advanced Cardio Life Support credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 3 Months (90 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
- One or more of the following:
- Basic Life Support Provider certification from the American Heart Association (AHA) required. American Red Cross (ARC) CPR for Professional Rescuers card will be accepted upon hire but renewal must be a BLS Provider card from AHA.
- Registry with the Cardiovascular Credentialing International National Board of Cardiovascular Testing(CCI/NBCVT) as a Registered Cardiovascular Invasive Specialist (RCIS) or obtain RCIS within six months of hire/transfer required or Certified Cardiographic Technician (CCT) required or Registered Cardiac Electrophysiology Specialist (RES) required.
- Some College - 2 Years
- Two years of college level coursework in health or science curriculum required Bachelor's degree in health or science preferred
- One year of interventional cath lab/EP lab; or two years of diagnostic cath lab; or two years of radiology special procedures; or completion of clinical rotation/externship obtained as part of a formal invasive cardiovascular technologist program required.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Ascension Michigan provides reasonable accommodation so that qualified applicants with a disability may participate in the selection process. Please advise us of any accommodations you request in order to express interest in a position by e-mailing: . Please state your request for assistance in your message. Only reasonable accommodation requests related to applying for a specific position within Ascension Michigan will be reviewed at the e-mail address supplied.
Thank you for considering a career with Ascension Michigan.
Ascension Michigan participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E -Verify (link to E-verify site)