Posted on Mar 10, 2019 by Ascension
Technologist-Echocardiography - Cardiology Diagnostic - Full-Time,Day - Providence Hospital - Mobile,AL
Why Join Ascension?
Thank you for your interest in Providence Hospital and its affiliated physician network, Providence Medical Group, longtime providers of quality healthcare to the people of Mobile.
Known for its historic streets lined with massive live oaks, Mobile is a picturesque city situated on Mobile Bay near the Gulf of Mexico. More than 600,000 people call Mobile "home." Here you'll find a family-oriented community steeped in rich southern tradition with an eye to the future. Delicious seafood from nearby waters, year-round recreational opportunities, good schools and affordable housing create the area's desirable coastal lifestyle.
Founded in 1854 by the Daughters of Charity, Providence Hospital is a 349-bed comprehensive healthcare facility for emergency, cardiovascular, cancer, orthopedics, obstetrics and surgical services. Outpatient services include an outpatient diagnostic center and a freestanding rehabilitation and wellness center. Providence has been designated a Blue Distinction Center by Blue Cross Blue Shield of Alabama for spine, hip and knee surgeries and has earned Gold status from the American Heart Association for its congestive heart failure program, reflecting a high level of performance in patient safety and outcomes. Primary care services are provided by Providence Medical Group through offices located across southeastern Mississippi and southern Alabama.
As part of Ascension - the largest non-profit health system in the U.S. and the world's largest Catholic health system - Providence offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package. Our associates consistently give high ratings to their workplace engagement and leadership's support for their well-being. Every day, the work of our talented associates reflects an unwavering commitment to serve, to care and to heal.
More information about Providence is available at .
What You Will Do
As an Associate with Providence Hospital-AL, you will have the opportunity to perform diagnostic procedures to assess cardiac structures and hemodynamics in accordance with accepted protocols.
- Sets up and adjusts all imaging equipment and manually maneuvers transducers to perform exams.
- Implements safety standards and performs appropriate quality control procedures.
- Performs routine and complex studies and assists in a variety of imaging procedures.
- Recognizes significant structures, artifacts, pathology and equipment limitations.
- Positions patients and selects anatomic and technical parameters accurately.
- Ensures all activities comply with regulatory agency standards.
- Ensures prompt submission of high-quality of all images and documents sent to PACS (image quality, correct lead markers and patient data/history).
- Assists in maintaining a clean, safe, and orderly department to include procedure rooms, storage areas, dressing rooms, film storage area and any other areas in department.
- Required Credential(s):
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 1 Month (30 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
- One or more of the following:
- Cardiographic Tech specializing in Vascular Interpretation credentialed from the Cardiovascular Credentialing International (CCI) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Radiologic Technologist specializing in Sonography credentialed from the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Cardiac Sonographer credentialed from the American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography (ARDMS) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Medical Sonographer credentialed from the American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography (ARDMS) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Sonography Tech specializing in Vascular Sonography credentialed from the American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography (ARDMS) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Sonography Tech specializing in Cardiac credentialed from the Competency & Credentialing Institute (CCI) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate's degree, or Technical degree required
- None required.
Providence Hospital provides equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), ethnic or national origin, age (40 or over), citizenship, genetic information, or status as a disabled veteran or veteran of the Vietnam era. Providence Hospital provides equal employment opportunities for qualified disabled individuals.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
Providence Hospital participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)