Nuclear Medicine Technologist
Posted on Mar 10, 2019 by Ascension
We Are Hiring
Technologist-Nuclear Medicine - Diagnostic Cardiology - Full-Time, Day - St. John Medical Center - Tulsa ,OK
Shift: 8 hour schedule rotates on weekly basis
Why Join Ascension?
St. John Health System - Oklahoma
St John Health System, a part of Ascension, is an award-winning hospital that has grown from 50 beds when the hospital opened in 1926, to currently 600 beds with more than 800 physicians and 1,700 nurses across the system.
Several of St. John's most recent and prestigious awards include:
- St. John Medical Center is Tulsa's only Magnet designated facility. This is nationally recognized as the gold standard in nursing excellence.
- St. John Medical Center was named by Oklahoma Magazine as one of the state's "Best of the Best" hospital facilities.
- In 2, St. John Medical Center was named the No.1 Hospital in Oklahoma by the U.S. News and World Report, receiving high performing rank in the following: abdominal aortic aneurysm repair, colon cancer surgery, and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD).
Why Work for St. John
- Power of Purpose: For us, work is more than the place we go each day. It's an environment that nurtures relationships, connects talent, and understands patients so we can provide holistic care that treats the whole person: body, mind and spirit. Our innovative approach impacts and influences the community that we serve.
- Culture of Teamwork: We encourage diversity of talent and thought; while offering the support of a multidisciplinary team. We work to build teams that respect each other. A team that respects each other feels good. We are on a mission to help people feel good, patients and associates.
- Compensation/Benefits: At Ascension, we care for the people who are the foundation of our work to fulfill our mission: our associates. We offer a comprehensive benefit package inclusive of medical, dental, vision, retirement, and generous PTO. Associates can also take advantage of other great benefits like tuition reimbursement or adoption assistance.
If you are looking for a place to work that will take your career to new heights, St. John Health System is for you. Our people are what makes the difference. Our associates commit themselves daily to our mission of providing spiritually center - holistic care to all, especially those that are poor and vulnerable.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with St John Health System, you will have the opportunity to perform therapeutic and diagnostic procedures providing quality images to radiologists and physicians for interpretation.
- Maintains and operates cameras that detect and map radioactive drugs in a patient's body to create diagnostic images.
- Positions patients and selects anatomic and technical factors accurately.
- Orders, prepares, administers, and disposes of radiopharmaceuticals according to established protocols.
- Follows radiation safety procedures and guidelines.
- Ensures prompt submission of high-quality of all images and documents sent to PACS (image quality, correct lead markers and patient data/history).
- Ensures equipment is properly functioning. Reports potential problems or equipment malfunction to appropriate personnel. Lock/tag out equipment if appropriate.
- Assists in maintaining a clean, and orderly department.
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 1 Month (30 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
- One or more of the following:
- Nuclear Medical Tech .
- Radiologic Technologist credentialed from the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) .
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate's degree, or Technical degree required
- Bachelors Degree preferred
- None required.
- Cardiology experience strongly preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
St. John Health System participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E -Verify (link to E-verify site)