Regional Director - Pharmacy
Posted on Mar 10, 2019 by Ascension
We Are Hiring
Regional Director Pharmacy - Pharmacy Admin Support 001 - Full-Time, Day - AW Glendale Office - Glendale,WI
Why Join Ascension?
In Wisconsin, Ascension operates 24 hospitals and hundreds of related healthcare facilities that together employ more than 23,500 associates. Across the state, Ascension provided more than $230 million in community benefit and care of persons living in poverty in fiscal year 2016. Serving Wisconsin for 169 years, Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, with special attention to persons living in poverty and those most vulnerable. Ascension is the largest non-profit health system in the U.S. and the world's largest Catholic health system, operating 2,500 sites of care - including 141 hospitals and more than 30 senior living facilities - in 24 states and the District of Columbia. Visit We're looking for talented associates to join us as we continue advancing healthcare across Wisconsin.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with Columbia St. Mary's-WI, you will have the opportunity to
Directs pharmacy operations to ensure alignment with the mission, values and objectives of the department and organization.
This position will serve as the Regional Director of Pharmacy responsible for hospital services covering Ascension St. Joseph's, Ascension Columbia St. Mary's (both the Milwaukee and Ozaukee campuses). The work schedule is anticipated to be Monday-Friday, business hours, with availability as needed to support hospital leadership and the pharmacy managers.
- Directs the development and implementation of practices, policies and procedures in all functional areas of the department.
- Accountable for staffing and capacity planning for the department.
- Oversees the development and monitoring of, and compliance with, departmental budget(s).
- Utilizes broad knowledge of applicable statutory, regulatory and administrative requirements to direct departmental operations and ensure accountability for the department's compliance with the same.
- Leads the development, implementation and evaluation of high quality patient care through quality initiatives.
- Oversees work plans to capture improvement opportunities and move department operations to industry best practices.
- Manages activities related to staffing, including hiring, orienting, evaluating, disciplinary actions, and continuing education initiatives.
- Plans, directs, administers, monitors and evaluates the delivery of Pharmacy services.
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- Licensed Pharmacist credentialed from the state of Wisconsin obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Bachelor's Level Degree
- Doctorate Degree (Pharm D) or Bachelor's Degree (with extensive experience) in Pharmacy required Completion of residency training in Hospital Pharmacy Administration and a Master's Degree in Hospital Pharmacy Administration, Business Administration, Hospital Administration or related field preferred
- Minimum three (3) years of management experience required. Five (5) or more years of direct pharmacy leadership experience preferred. Experience must be directly related.
- PharmD (Doctor of Pharmacy) preferred, Masters Degree preferred (not required),
Equal Employment Opportunity
Ascension Wisconsin is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against employees or prospective employees on basis of age, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sexual orientation, disability, arrest and/or conviction record, military status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic or status protected by law.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the "EEO is the Law" poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
(HEALTH MINISTRY) participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E -Verify (link to E-verify site)