Posted on Mar 10, 2019 by Delaware North
Gideon Putnam Resort & Spa is a historic destination located within Saratoga Spa State Park. Delaware North manages the hotel and dining services, as well as the famous Roosevelt Baths & Spa.
The hotel boasts 124 rooms and 22 suites, all with views of park as well as 12,0001-square feet of event space and a casual, on-site restaurant and bar, Putnam's, serving creative cuisine inspired by the City of Saratoga.
Overall, this upstate New York destination combines more than 75 years of historic character with exceptional service and modern facilities.
- The Sous Chef will be responsible for assisting Executive Chef in daily supervision of kitchen operations at Gideon Putnam Resort & Spa.
- Assumes on-shift responsibility for supervision of daily operations in kitchen.
- Responsible for scheduling, training, and implementation of Delaware North policies and procedures, and corrective counseling.
- Directs hourly staff in performing kitchen food preparation operations.
- Supports and ensures compliance with the Company's environmental initiatives.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Two years' culinary experience in similar facility preferred.
- Requires prior supervisory experience of at least one year.
- Must have the ability to work varied shifts.
- Must have the ability to verbally communicate effectively and positively with staff and guests.
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English well.
- Requires a high level of concentration and attention to detail with the ability to work independently, prioritize work and make decisions regarding the correct formatting of work.
- ServeSafe Certification preferred
- Must obtain ACF Certification within the first 2 years of employment.
- Candidate must be able to complete a culinary practical
Take your career beyond the ordinary-to the extraordinary.
At Delaware North, you'll love where you work, who you work with, and how your day unfolds. Whether it's in sporting venues, casinos, airports, national parks, iconic hotels, or premier restaurants, there's no telling where your career can ultimately take you. We empower you to do great work in a company with 100 years of success, stability and growth. If you have drive and enjoy the thrill of making things happen - share our vision, grow with us.
Delaware North is one of the largest privately held hospitality companies in the world. Founded in 1915 and owned by the Jacobs family for more than 100 years, Delaware North has global operations at high-profile places such as sports and entertainment venues, national and state parks, destination resorts and restaurants, airports, and regional casinos. Our 55,000 employee associates are dedicated to creating special experiences one guest at a time in serving more than a half-billion guests annually. Delaware North operates in the sports, travel hospitality, restaurant and catering, parks, resorts, gaming, and specialty retail industries and has annual revenue of about $3 billion. Learn more about Delaware North, a global leader in hospitality, at .
All applicants will be subject to a pre-employment background check and may be subject to a pre-employment drug test depending upon the position and/or client requirements.
Delaware North Companies, Incorporated and its subsidiaries consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. Delaware North is an equal opportunity employer.