Executive Chef, Garden Cafe at Norton Simon, Patina Restaurant Group
Posted on Mar 10, 2019 by Delaware North
The Opportunity An immediate opportunity exists for an innovative and inspiring culinary professional with the ability to maintain our high standards of quality. This role offers a wonderful quality of life with no late nights and rare evenings. The Executive Chef is directing the team through lunch service at the Garden Cafe as well as serving private lunches to the Executive Team of Norton Simon Museum. We offer great opportunities to build and grow into a professional culinary expert while maintaining friendly and enjoyable work environments.
- Coordinate hiring and training activities for kitchen and back of house employees while continuously monitoring their performance.
- Develop and maintain recipes, portion specifications, and standard preparation procedures for all dishes and ensure that all cooks are following these standards.
- Determination of purchasing specifications and budgetary allotments for all menu items.
- Lead and cook by example and provide guidance to any subordinates.
- Ensure kitchen operations can run smoothly and efficiently in your absence.
- Make periodic and regular inspection to observe quality of food preparation and service, food appearance, cleanliness and sanitation of production and service areas, equipment , and employee appearance to ensure all is in line with Health Department regulations.
- Prepare operational reports and analyses setting forth progress, adverse trends and make appropriate recommendations for success.
- Maintain complete knowledge of and compliance with all company policies/service procedures/standards.
- Have a working knowledge of company invoice tracking, labor tracking, schedule preparation, food cost management, labor cost management, inventory control and hiring/counseling/termination policies.
- Maintains excellent kitchen hygiene conditions at all times.
- Minimum 2 years experience as an Executive Chef, Cafe Chef, Chef de Cuisine or Executive Sous Chef in a reputable establishment.
- Certificate or degree in Culinary Arts preferred.
- Servsafe and Food Safety Handler certification s required.
- Possess a passion for culinary excellence while creating accessible items in line with Cafe concept.
- Ability to work flexible hours, in addition to normal business hours, as needed.
- Strong communication skills with a focus on client and customer service.
- Maintains o penness and willingness to learn new techniques and improve abilities.
- P&L accountabiliy and/or contract managed service experience is desirable.
- Ability to navigate and utilize Microsoft Office Suite programs (especially Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook), appropriate point of sale (POS) systems, and any other required operating machines (i.e. cooking machinery ).
Who We Are Take your career beyond the ordinary-to the extraordinary, with Patina Restaurant Group and Delaware North.
Patina Restaurant Group, a bi-coastal boutique company, continues to grow as a leader in the premium segment of the restaurant industry! Boasting approximately 80 restaurants and hospitality venues in performing arts centers, Patina Restaurant Group offers outstanding career opportunities for talented & highly motivated professionals who have an eye for detail and an appreciation for the exceptional quality and level of service they stand for.
Our family of restaurants are aligned with unique architectural landmarks and cultural institutions that strive to enrich the American experience through fine arts, dance, music, theatre and performance. PRG operates exciting restaurants in world famous locations: from Lincoln Ristorante at Lincoln Center to the Sea Grill at Rockefeller Center; timeless spaces like the Michelin-starred Patina at Walt Disney Concert Hall, or fresh new collaborations like Morimoto Asia - our restaurants offer the finest in artisanal culinary inspirations.
Patina Restaurant Group is a proud subsidiary of Delaware North. And at Delaware North - whether it's in sporting venues, casinos, airports, national parks, iconic hotels, or premier restaurants - there's no telling where your career can ultimately take you! We empower you to do great work in a company with 100 years of success, stability and growth. Delaware North is one of the largest and most admired, privately-held hospitality companies in the world, and when put together with Patina Restaurant Group's exceptional cuisine, landmark locations, and genuine hospitality - the sky is the limit.