Cook, Logan Airport
Posted on Mar 10, 2019 by Delaware North
Boston Logan International Airport is New England's primary airport and one of the nation's busiest transportation hubs. Starting mid-2018 through 2019, Delaware North will bring its world-class travel hospitality expertise to the 36 million-plus travelers who pass through the airport each year with a wide array of new food, beverage and retail offerings that are true taste of Boston. Full- and quick-service restaurants and retail outlets will be located throughout the airport, with locations in multiple-terminals.The Opportunity
Under the direction of supervisor, prepares and serves hot and/or cold food items, in accordance with the Company's GuestPath Universal Service Standards and applicable Operational Standards.
*Applicants must have the ability to pass a TSA/Federal background screen as per airport requirements
* Prepares food to specifications before and during unit operations.
* Properly measures and portions all food items. Complies with all portion sizes, quality standards, department rules, policies and procedures.
* Cooks all food to proper specifications in a timely manner.
* Utilizes kitchen equipment to prepare food items such as: knives, slicers, whips, pots, pans, warmers, steamers, grills, ovens, etc.
* Ensures proper food temperatures are maintained and food is stored correctly.
* Ensures freshness and quality of all menu items.
* Packages all products to proper specifications
* Performs opening, closing and side work duties as instructed and according proper guidelines.
* Keeps workstation and equipment clean, organized, sanitized, and sufficiently stocked.
* Follows and upholds all health codes and sanitation regulations.
* Sets up and operates kitchen equipment
* Uses waste control guidelines and records all waste on spoilage sheet.
* Performs other duties assigned
* Completes end of day inventory and other opening/closing duties in accordance with company checklists and procedures
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
* High school education is desired; participation/enrollment in culinary program a plus
* Minimum of 6 months- 1 year previous experience in back-of-the-house foodservice position preferred
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
* Ability to read and understand recipes and food abbreviations.
* Pleasant and friendly; ability to adhere to GuestPath's Universal Service Standards
* Ability to communicate with others
* Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
* Attentive and detailed oriented.
* Capable of following procedures and taking directions.
* Basic math skills; ability to understand, calculate and follow recipe measurements and proportions
* Manual dexterity sufficient to chop, mix, blend, whip etc. a variety of foods and liquids.
* Ability to lift and carry large pans from ovens or freezers, weighing up to 50 lbs.
* Ability to handle or operate dangerous kitchen equipment
* Ability to move rapidly and coordinate multiple orders.
* Standing and walking for entire length of shift
* Frequently required to reach up to 6-7 feet, twist at waist, bending and squatting
* Pushing and pulling occasionally, to move equipment, mops and brooms
ENVIRONMENTAL WORKING CONDITIONS:
* Kitchen environment - noise levels may be moderate to high
* Works frequently in a hot and damp environment.
* In contact with sharp knives, slicers, boiling liquids, hot pans, etc.
* Hazards include, but are not limited to, cuts from broken glass, metal cans, scalds and burns, slipping and tripping.
* Frequently immerses hands in water.
No resume or onsite interview required for this position. After submitting your application, you will receive a text and email invitation within 24 hours to begin our pre-screening process. If you correctly pass our pre-screening, you will automatically be invited to complete an on-demand video interview. Tell us about yourself, answer a few questions and quickly qualify for the position on your own time, all from the convenience of your mobile device!
The Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA) prohibits discrimination by employers, in compensation and employment opportunities, against qualified individuals with disabilities who, with or without reasonable accommodation, can perform the "essential functions" of a job. A function may be essential for any of several reasons, including: the job exists to perform that function, the employee holding the job was hired for hi/her expertise in performing the function or only a limited number of employees are available to perform that function.
*Nothing in this job description restricts the management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities on this job at any time
Delaware North Companies, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity EmployerWho We Are
Take your career beyond the ordinary-to the extraordinary.
At Delaware North, you'll love where you work, who you work with, and how your day unfolds. Whether it's in sporting venues, casinos, airports, national parks, iconic hotels, or premier restaurants, there's no telling where your career can ultimately take you. We empower you to do great work in a company with 100 years of success, stability and growth. If you have drive and enjoy the thrill of making things happen - share our vision, grow with us.
Delaware North is one of the largest and most admired, privately-held hospitality companies in the world. Founded and owned by the Jacobs family for nearly 100 years, it is a global leader in hospitality and food service with operations in the sports, travel hospitality, restaurants and catering, parks, resorts, gaming and specialty retail industries. Delaware North has annual revenue exceeding $3 billion with 60,000 employee associates. To learn more, visit .
All applicants will be subject to a pre-employment background check and may be subject to a pre-employment drug test depending upon the position and/or client requirements.
Delaware North Companies, Incorporated and its subsidiaries consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. Delaware North is an equal opportunity employer.