Cashier - Full Time
Posted on Mar 10, 2019 by Delaware North
Morning Shift- 3am-10:30am
Afternoon Shift- 10:30am-7pm
Under the direction of the Lead/Supervisor, operates point of sale ( POS ) system and serves guests in accordance with the Company's GuestPath Universal Service Standards and applicable Operational Standards.
- Properly records all transactions via the point of sale system and informs guests of amount owed.
- Collects the proper money for food and beverage items; processes credit card or determines correct change for guests.
- Accounts for all transactions; maintains accurate cash count and balance banks at end of shift
Foodservice duties (if applicable)
- Serves food and beverage items in correct proportions and while following proper sanitation guidelines
- Serves alcoholic beverages responsibly, including requesting identification, and adhering to all unit and company alcohol service policies and procedures.
- Records all waste.
- Acquaints guests with items for sale and uses suggestive selling techniques
- Performs clean-up duties to maintain quality appearance of work area
- Participates in work area set-up
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience:
- Previous cash handling experience preferred.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent guest service skills; ability to adhere to GuestPath's Universal Service Standards
- Basic math skills; ability to accurately count change and balance bank
- Effective communication skills; ability to communicate with guests and receive orders.
- Ability to work effectively with others
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment
- Ability to stand and remain stationary for entire length of shift
- Constant walking, bending, reaching and repetitive motions.
- Ability to perform normal lifting of stock, up to 50 pounds.
Environmental Working Conditions:
- May be exposed to variable temperatures, including extreme hold and cold, depending on season
- May be required to work in confined and/or narrow spaces
*Nothing in this job description restricts the management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities on this job at any time.
Delaware North Companies, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer