Lead Certified Nursing Assistant, Ascension Living Sacred Heart Home
Posted on Mar 10, 2019 by Presence Health
Location: PLC Sacred Heart Home
515 North Main, Avilla, IN 46 United States (US)
Daily Hours: 8
Standard Hours: 20
Employment Status: Part-time
Employment Type: Regular
The Lead Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) supports the department charge nurse with the day-to-day operation of unit activities and the quality of patient care. Assists with staffing, performs patient care as needed and acts as liaison between the charge nurse and CNA patient care team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assists the charge nurse, Registered Nurse (RN) and/or Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN), and CNA to meet individual patient admission needs.
- Ensures that the CNA team provides excellent patient care and carries out assignments within given time period to enhance overall quality of care.
- Informs CNA's of patients with early Activities of Daily Living (ADLs) & physical therapy. Informs and coaches patients on any necessary procedures.
- Completes patient assignments. Monitors beds for admissions, alerts appropriate personnel regarding patient discharges.
- Checks vital signs. Alerts Charge Nurse to any change of patient condition in a timely manner. Asks for directions and supervision in care situations.
- Recognizes and responds to priorities in patient care processes, adapting appropriately to changes in workload and patient assignments.
- Documents the patient record elements of care that Lead CNA provides.
- Performs in an accurate and precise manner in emergency situations, i.e. Code White, Code Red, and Operations Alert.
- Assists in orienting/training new CNAs through one-on-one mentoring and demonstrating all CNA job duties and responsibilities.
- Assists with staffing including assigning CNA's lunch & break schedules and distributing phone to the RN & CNA team
- Oversees that CNAs have the proper supplies/tools to perform their job accurately. Maintains inventory and inspects the equipment.
- Reads and completes Computer Based Learning Assignments (CBL's) and any other appropriate Medical literature and pertinent information in order to be current with new techniques, etc.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Graduate of an accredited nursing assistant program required.
- Minimum three years of experience as a Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) in an acute care setting.
- Certified Nursing Assistant with a currentIndiana License required.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required.
Job Segment: Medical, Nursing, Cardiac, Patient Care, CNA, Healthcare
Associated topics: advanced practice registered nurse, anesthetist crna, assessments, board, cnm, family nurse practioner, gyn, nursing assistant cna, nurse practitioner, practice