ICU Team Leader, Nursing - Evanston, IL
Posted on Mar 10, 2019 by Presence Health
Location: Presence St Francis Hosp
355 Ridge Avenue, Evanston, IL 60202 United States (US)
Daily Hours: 12
Standard Hours: 36
Employment Status: Full-time
Employment Type: Regular
The Team Leader, Nursing is a Registered Professional Nurse (RN) who assists the Nurse Manager with the daily operations of the unit by providing employee supervision, quality improvement activities, and immediate follow-up to patient, physician and employee issues. The Team Leader practices within the scope of the Illinois Nurse Practice Act to ensure the delivery of comprehensive, high quality, individualized nursing care, based upon knowledge, experience and critical thinking skills.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Exercises independent judgment and leadership in daily operations of the unit and advises the Nurse Manager.
- Serves as a clinical, educational and supervisory resource to the nursing staff.
- Makes patient/staff assignments based on key factors such as acuity, staff competency and skill mix in order to ensure that quality of care is delivered to patients. Assists the Manager with ongoing monitoring of appropriate use of staffing and assignments.
- Manages the appropriate utilization of unit resources (i.e. supplies and labor), while consistently working towards initiatives that support Continuous Process Improvement (CPI) and incorporates fiscal responsibility.
- Provides ongoing partnering with key physicians by making patient rounds with them at least monthly and is responsible to follow up with physician issues/concerns. Uses rounding as an opportunity to facilitate an environment of cultural excellence in order to maintain patient, family and physician satisfaction.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Graduate of an accredited Nursing Program required. Minimum two years of clinical experience in Patient Care or similar clinical setting required.
Bachelor's degree in Nursing preferred.
Knowledge of Microsoft Office software such as Word, Excel, and Outlook; and EMR systems.
Experience of EPIC preferred.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Current Illinois RN license and Basic Life Support (BLS) certification. Certification in area of specialty if required.
Business Unit: Presence St Francis Hospital
EOE of Minorities/Females/Vets/Disability
Nearest Major Market: Chicago
Job Segment: Nursing, EMR, Patient Care, Manager, Registered Nurse, Healthcare, Management
Associated topics: ambulatory, asn, bsn, infusion, intensive care, nurse, nurse rn, recovery, tcu, unit