Certified Nursing Assistant
Posted on Mar 10, 2019 by Presence Health
Location: Presence Villa Scalabrini
480 North Wolf Road, Northlake, IL 60164 United States (US)
Daily Hours: 8
Standard Hours: 40
Employment Status: Full-time
Employment Type: Regular
The Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) - Senior Services performs various duties under the direction and supervision of a professional licensed nurse to assist the nursing staff in meeting patient/resident treatment and care requirements. All duties are carried out in accordance with the established policies and procedures.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides direct patient/resident care as assigned by the licensed nurse and communicates patient's response.
- Performs routine procedures e.g. blood glucose monitoring, vital signs, heights, weights, intake and output and the collections of urine, stool and sputum specimens.
- Documents care per departmental standards in electronic medical record.
- Assists with patients' activity and providing a safe environment.
- Observes patients/residents while performing delegated tasks and reports significant findings regarding safety, personal needs and changes in patient's condition to the licensed nurse.
- Promotes and maintains an atmosphere for patient comfort. Keeps patient/residents' room clean and orderly.
- Provides skin care and is knowledgeable in care needed to maintain or improve skin integrity.
- Collaborates with the licensed nurse in implementing and evaluating the plan of care and functional status.
- Assists with admissions, transfers, morgue transport and discharge of patient/resident.
- Replenishes patient's supplies as needed.
- Identifies patient/family education needs and reports them to the licensed nurse.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Education and/or Experience
- Must have completed at least eight years of grade school or provide proof of equivalent knowledge.
- Must be at least 16 years of age.
- Previous experience in senior services preferred.
- Knowledge of EPIC preferred.
- Certified Nursing Assistant certification required.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required.
Nearest Major Market: Chicago
Job Segment: CNA, Patient Care Technician, Nursing, Medical, EMR, Healthcare
Associated topics: anesthetist crna, arnp, assistant cna, associate, board, clinical, locum, midwife, ob, practice
Washington Care Services
BrightStar Care - Charleston, SC
BrightStar Care - Norwood, MA
Homewatch Caregivers - Meridian
BrightStar Care - Danbury, CT
Senior Helpers - Wilmington, NC
BrightStar Care - Central St. Louis
BrightStar Care - Schaumburg, IL