Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA)
Posted on Mar 10, 2019 by Presence Health
Location: PLC Sacred Heart Home
515 North Main, Avilla, IN 46 United States (US)
Daily Hours: 8
Standard Hours: 40
Employment Status: Full-time
Employment Type: Regular
The Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) - Senior Services performs various duties under the direction and supervision of a professional licensed nurse to assist the nursing staff in meeting patient/resident treatment and care requirements. All duties are carried out in accordance with the established policies and procedures.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides direct patient/resident care as assigned by the licensed nurse and communicates patient's response.
- Performs routine procedures e.g. blood glucose monitoring, vital signs, heights, weights, intake and output and the collections of urine, stool and sputum specimens.
- Documents care per departmental standards in electronic medical record.
- Assists with patients' activity and providing a safe environment.
- Observes patients/residents while performing delegated tasks and reports significant findings regarding safety, personal needs and changes in patient's condition to the licensed nurse.
- Must have completed at least eight years of grade school or provide proof of equivalent knowledge.
- Must be at least 16 years of age.
- Previous experience in senior services preferred.
- Certified Nursing Assistant certification required.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required.
Job Segment: CNA, Patient Care Technician, Medical, Nursing, Nursing Assistant, Healthcare
Associated topics: anesthetist, assessments, certified nursing, cnm, crna, english, gyn, midwife, np, spanish
Holy Cross Village at Notre Dame