PRN//Registry CNA - 12 Hour Nights - Fox Valley Regional Float Pool
Posted on Mar 10, 2019 by Presence Health
Location: Presence St Mary Kankakee
500 West Court Street, Kankakee, IL 60 United States (US)
Daily Hours: 12
Standard Hours: 0
Employment Status: PRN / Registry
Employment Type: Regular
The Nursing Assistant performs various duties under the direction and supervision of a professional licensed nurse to assist the nursing staff in meeting patient treatment and care requirements. All duties are carried out in accordance with the established policies and procedures.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides direct patient care as assigned by the licensed nurse and communicates patient's response.
- Performs routine procedures e.g. blood glucose monitoring, vital signs, heights, weights, intake and output and the collections of urine, stool and sputum specimens.
- Documents care per departmental standards in electronic medical record.
- Assists with patients' activity and providing a safe environment. Observes patients while performing delegated tasks and reports significant findings regarding patient safety, personal needs and changes in patient's condition to the licensed nurse.
- Promotes and maintains an atmosphere for patient comfort. Keep patient's room clean and orderly. Replenishes patient's supplies as needed. Identifies patient/family education needs and reports them to the licensed nurse.
This document represents the major duties, responsibilities, and authorities of this job, and is not intended to be a complete list of all tasks and functions. Other duties may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
High School diploma or equivalent required.
Minimum 1 year of CNA experience required.
Travel to all St. Mary's Hospital in Kankakee and Mercy Medical Center in Aurora required.
Knowledge of EPIC preferred.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required.
Business Unit: Corporate (LRHC and LPH)
Department Name: HR Central Registry-FV
Job Segment: Medical, Night, Nursing, Nursing Assistant, EMR, Healthcare, Operations
Associated topics: licensed vocational, lvn lpn, med, med surg, mtp, nurse i, nurse iii, pediatrics, practical nurse, vocational