Information System Security Officer - II Special Programs
Posted on Mar 10, 2019 by MIT Lincoln Laboratory
The Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) - Level II will provide IT security support to several independent Laboratory programs as follows: Develop and maintain System Security Plans (SSP); ensure systems are operated, maintained, and disposed of in accordance with SSPs; ensure configuration management is maintained and documented; manage access to the systems and ensure users are aware of their security responsibilities; conduct periodic reviews to ensure compliance with the SSPs. Will work special security issues and interact with Laboratory management. Must have sufficient technical experience to implement security requirements outlined in SSP's. Will assist in compliance inspections and reviews and conduct audits as required. Training/briefing experience is desired. Must be able to respond to off-hour emergencies as needed. Must have demonstrated ability to follow-up and solve problems. Position requires some local and overnight travel.
- BS degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Computer Information Systems, or related field.
- A minimum of 3 years of IT security experience in DoD Industrial Security is desired, preferably in a compartmented program environment.
- Technical experience and skills, course work completed towards a degree, and industry IT certifications may be considered substitutes for education and DoD security experience.
- DoD 8570 IAM Level I Baseline Certification required.
- Technical experience and skill securing operating systems such as Linux, Windows Server/client OS, and virtualization technologies.
- Experience using vulnerability scanning tools such as NESSUS, SCAP, RETINA, WASP, SECSCN
- Experience using audit reduction tools, and endpoint security products.
- Experience directly related to certification and authorization using any of the following:
- NIST 800-53 / Risk Management Framework (RMF)
- Joint SAP Implementation Guide (JSIG)
- Intelligence Community Directive (ICD) 503
- National Industrial Security Program Operating Manual (NISPOM) Chapter 8
- Joint Air Force, Army, Navy (JAFAN) 6/3
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Prior experience in working in a collaborative team environment desired.
- The successful candidate will be subject to pre-employment investigation and must meet all eligibility requirements for access to classified information including compartmented programs.
- The ability to obtain and maintain a government (DoD) security clearance is required. Preference will be given to candidates with an existing Top Secret clearance.
MIT Lincoln Laboratory is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, disability status, or genetic information; U.S. citizenship is required.
Requisition ID: 26195
Associated topics: countermeasure, metal detection, patrol, patrol officer, public safety, safety officer, security, security officer, tsa, university