Regional Sales Manager (Northwest)/Remote
Posted on Mar 10, 2019 by Arlon Graphics
A field sales position for a highly effective and motivated sales representative. The RSM will develop new business with existing customers, introduce new products, manage distribution channels and achieve sales objectives in their region. This role is responsible for driving results with Arlons major distribution partners & mass market end user accounts across all Arlon products. The position is responsible for execution of the sales action plan for their assigned region. The region includes the following US states: Colorado, Idaho, Utah, Wyoming, Idaho, Montana, Washington, and Oregon. It also includes the Vancouver metropolitan area of Canada.
• Maintain and grow current channel revenue.
• Develop and implement regional business plan for market share growth in accordance with marketing objectives and project needs.
• Drive sales, product and service strategy with regional distribution.
• Complete national distribution support activities for all locations within your region.
• Set regional distributor and end user account objectives/goals and identify resources and timelines to achieve objectives.
• Train distribution sales staff and perform joint sales with distributors.
• Build relationships with End User accounts to create distributor pull through.
• Prospect for new accounts or distributors to gain market share.
• Recommend to distributor methods to grow and expand.
Sales & Business Development
• Represent Arlon brand and grow sales in territory.
• Develop, cultivate, and manage leads for key products and new product introductions.
• Travel extensively across territory to meet with key accounts and target leads.
• Attend trade shows and events related to sales growth and brand development.
• Train End Users in Products and Applications.
• Identify key direct accounts and work with Arlon team to develop sales plan for each target.
Sales Planning & Administration
• Report sales activities in Salesforce.com.
• Independently manage accounts and opportunities.
• Own customer satisfaction of account list and coordinate with Arlon personnel to achieve expectations.
• Provide market feedback on needed Arlon capabilities/resources.
• Assist with the development of Strategy Deployment and Action Plans to achieve objectives
• Provide Monthly Reports based upon Strategy Deployment.
• Communicate opportunities and travel plans to supervisor.
• Engage technical resources and recommend new or custom product development.
• Develop and submit T&E expense budgets & reports to support regional management activities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Skills and Experience
• Must embody the Arlon core values of Teamwork, Excellence, Accountability, Integrity and Inspiration on a daily basis.
• Bachelors degree, or relevant job specific experience, with a minimum of 5 years of sales management experience in our industry.
• Comfort and experience in working with MS Word, MS Excel, CRM (Salesforce) and email.
• Previous experience working with vinyl films and pressure sensitive adhesives highly desirable.
• General familiarity with the sign and graphics market and associated technologies (preferred).
• A successful track record in sales, training, developing and supporting distributors (preferred).
• Technical aptitude to understand and promote the products and applications.
• The ability to train end users/distributors in the products and applications.
• Ability to analyse and develop business information including P & L, budgets, targets, forecasting, distributor terms and agreements, commission schemes etc.
• Dynamic, determined, persistent and energetic.
• Effective questioning and listening techniques.
• Committed self-starter, high energy level and work ethic.
• Self-aware, creative, strategic thinker.
• Customer oriented, Flexible, team player with strong interpersonal skills.
• Loyal and respectful with integrity and honesty.
• The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
• The employee must have a valid passport and be able to travel 75% of the time by air, rail, road and drive an automobile (including rental).
Arlon is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other protected status in accordance with all applicable laws.
This job description is subject to change based on business requirements.