Posted on Mar 10, 2019 by Envirocon Inc
Job Number: 609
# of Openings: 2
Construction Managers provide the onsite management for various-sized CCR Pond/Landfill Construction, Operation, Maintenance, and Closure projects. On larger projects, the Construction Manager may supervise multiple Superintendents or Foremen. On smaller projects, the Construction Manager may be responsible for administrative management functions with periodic oversite from a Project Manager or Operations Director. As the Construction Manager acts without close supervision, within certain established parameters, proven experience and judgment are expected.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Committed to and responsible for Envirocon's Safety Culture & actively involved in project Health and Safety, including:
- Embraces and enforces the site and corporate Health and Safety Plans
- Works with the site Health and Safety representative and Site Safety Steward
- Ability to review project hazards and participate in Job Hazard Analysis
- Perform pre-task planning
- Brief craft before assigning new task
- Participate in incident investigation and reporting
- Direct construction, demolition, or remediation effort to ensure that assigned projects are completed in accordance with Envirocon policy, design, budget, and schedule.
- Coordinate and direct material, vendors, subcontractors, and craft labor as required on project to ensure project goals are achieved.
- Assist the Project Manager in the selection and hiring of craft personnel.
- Assist Project Manager/Operations Director in all necessary project management functions as required.
- Responsible for the training and mentoring of direct reports.
- Select, schedule, and track properly sized and necessary equipment for completing project tasks.
- Complete other duties as assigned by Project Manager or Operations Director, which may include assistance with submittal preparation, cost tracking, cost estimating, proposal development, and the development of new work.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- A working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word) and project scheduling software.
- Understands and uses Envirocon's cost control systems to improve job performance
- Daily Quantity/Cost Tracking & Reporting
- Labor and Equipment Reporting
- Understanding of project contract/scope and the ability to work with PM and Contracts to put together change notices and change justifications
- Understand the capabilities and performance for equipment selected to perform the work.
- Ability to effectively communicate with craft, clients and subcontractors and maintain liaison with other departments, i.e., Purchasing, engineering, etc. as required to support, construction schedule.
- Superior communication and interpersonal (tact, diplomacy, influence, etc.) skills are essential. Required to work well under pressure, meeting multiple and sometimes competing deadlines, while at all times demonstrating a cooperative behavior with colleagues, management, and customers.
- Demonstrates persistence in performing job duties and demonstrates creativity in solving problems.
- Experience working with local craft union halls.
- Ability to train and mentor direct reports.
- Construction Managers are generally project site based and therefore the ability for travel is required, generally within the Tennessee Valley area, but may extend nationwide.
- Construction Managers must be able to satisfy the DMV driving qualification of Envirocon, and remain a qualified driver.
- Knowledge and understanding of construction scheduling, cost control and ability to control and supervise large groups.
- Understanding corporate and industry practices, processes, standards, etc. and their impact on project activities.
Education and Experience
- Prefer five years' experience as a superintendent or equivalent in on CCR Pond/Landfill Construction, Operation, Maintenance, and Closure.
- Experience working on large multi-facetted projects and managing a field management staff of three or more individuals.
- High school education or equivalent