Posted on Mar 10, 2019 by Envirocon Inc
Job Number: 612
# of Openings: 1
Superintendents are responsible for the scheduling, coordinating and supervising of craft employees and assigned staff as well as heavy equipment/tools/materials necessary on various sized projects and may provide support for multiple areas within CCR Pond/Landfill Construction, Operation, Maintenance, and Closure projects. On larger projects, the Superintendent may work with multiple Superintendents or supervise multiple Foremen. Superintendents may also be responsible for the coordination and support of subcontractor's field operations. Superintendents work under the general guidance and direction of a Construction Manager, Project Manager, or Operations Director.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Committed to and responsible for Envirocon's Safety Culture & actively involved in project Health and Safety, including:
- Embraces and enforces the site and corporate Health and Safety Plans
- Works with the site Health and Safety representative and Site Safety Steward
- Ability to review project hazards and participate in Job Hazard Analysis
- Perform pre-task planning
- Brief craft before assigning new task
- Participate in incident investigation and reporting
- Organizing and planning field activities for craft and equipment resources.
- Oversee work performance and productivity of crafts and subcontractors to ensure project rules, procedures, specifications, safety requirements, etc. are followed.
- Assist with selection and hiring of project craft personnel.
- Experience working with local craft union halls.
- Ensure direct report time punches accurately reflect hours and job tasks (WBS coding) worked and are submitted timely.
- Understand the project contract/scope and advise project management of potential changes (scope and conditions), potential problems, work interferences, schedule difficulties, etc.; assist in circumventing / resolving such problems as required.
- Assist in planning work schedule, determining manpower levels, material quantities, equipment requirements, subcontractor scheduling, etc. throughout the project.
- Responsible for training and mentoring of direct reports and subcontractors.
- Must have the working knowledge to be able to safely operate equipment and qualify employees.
- Perform additional assignments as directed.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to review and use project schedules to plan and direct field activities.
- Provide liaison between field engineering and crafts to ensure construction complies with drawings and specifications.
- Ability to communicate with and lead a team composed of different crafts and subcontractors.
- Ability to recognize potential changes and other project impacts and assist project management with notices and claims.
- Has a working knowledge and understanding of project contract, specifications and drawings for assigned activities.
- Understands the function, capabilities, and intended use of equipment on project and complies with Envirocon's internal equipment policies.
- Possesses writing skills necessary to document project activities.
- Ability to effectively communicate with clients and subcontractors and maintain liaison with other departments, i.e., Purchasing, engineering, etc. as required to support, construction schedule.
- Understands and uses Envirocon's cost control systems to improve job performance.
- Daily Quantity/Cost Tracking & Reporting
- Labor and Equipment Reporting
- Understands and Uses Envirocon's Standard Operating Procedures to increase efficiency, minimize risk, and improve job performance.
- Demonstrates persistence in performing job duties and demonstrates creativity in solving problems.
- Ability to train and mentor Foreman and craft labor.
- Superintendents are project site-based positions that require the individual to travel and work at job sites, generally within the Tennessee Valley area, but may extend nationwide, as directed from upper management.
- Superintendents must be able to satisfy the DMV driving qualification of Envirocon and remain a qualified driver.
- Knowledge and understanding of construction scheduling, cost control and ability to supervise large groups.
Education and Experience
- Prefer a minimum of five years' experience in CCR Pond/Landfill Construction, Operation, Maintenance, and Closure, including 2 years in a lead or supervisory role.
- High school diploma or equivalent.