Executive Assistant/Office Manager
Posted on Mar 10, 2019 by Intalere Inc
This position provides comprehensive administrative support to the Chief Financial Officer, general administrative support to the head of Human Resources and provides backup support to other executives as needed. Under general direction, this position is responsible for the administrative and organizational management of the St. Louis office including supervision of the Office Administrator, facility maintenance and other duties as required to support company operations.
Key Result Areas:
- Provide administrative support to the Chief Financial Officer, the head of Human Resources and backup support to other executives of the company as needed. This includes confidential and time-sensitive projects, correspondence, reports, agendas, meeting minutes, screening calls, responding to inquiries, processing mail, filing, copying and distributing, faxing, e-mailing, etc.
- Coordinate meetings as requested including travel, lodging, meeting space, audio/visual equipment, food/beverage requirements, and administrative support to ensure a successful event.
- Research, schedule and book travel arrangements including airline tickets, hotel reservations, and car rental or shuttle transportation as needed. Complete and submit expense reports for manager(s) as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Administrative and Compliance Duties for Finance Department
- Serve as Assistant Treasurer of the Intalere PAC (IPAC). Maintain records and file reports to ensure compliance, coordinate mailings, track deposits, contributions, donations, secure appropriate approvals, manage related correspondence and work with legal counsel to resolve issues.
- Maintain confidential documents for the Intalere Finance Committee & Board to include minutes, resolutions and other documentation as provided. Prepare, collate and distribute agenda book materials for each meeting. Serves as administrative support to the committee as necessary.
- Complete and submit multiple required questionnaires /reports throughout the year.
- Complete Annual State Business Tax Reports and related documents as required.
- Maintain records to support CFO as the companys Compliance Officer.
- Manage facility operations, maintenance and overall appearance of the St. Louis business space. This includes, but is not limited to, managing space assignments; assisting with facility budget planning and insurance reviews/renewals; maintaining security, fire and life safety systems; overseeing janitorial issues, repairs and maintenance; forecasting, budgeting for and coordinating construction/renovation projects; identifying opportunities; and, maintaining a viable relationship with all staff on the property management team
- Supervises the Office Administrator position through hiring, training and reviewing performance; cross training and back-up/vacation coverage. This includes providing coverage as needed.
- Oversees the efficient operation of the mailroom and print room(s) including equipment purchase/lease, service agreements, preventative maintenance and repairs.
- Manages the purchasing program for furniture, equipment and supplies; recommends and enforces purchasing policies and procedures; promotes use of Intalere agreements and supplier relations; reviews and approves invoices.
- Establishes and promotes recycling practices that promote reduction, cost savings, cost avoidance.
- Promotes and reinforces culture through presentations, surveys, etc.
- Adheres to written policy as it relates to the retention and destruction of CFO records.
- Serves as point person to manage records maintained in offsite storage for the St. Louis office.
- Coordinates the collection of annual compliance forms for corporate record retention program.
Education & Experience:
Associates Degree in business-related field and 5+ years of experience providing executive-level support.
Office management, finance/accounting and supervisory experience is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Self-motivated, goal-oriented, proactive professional with thorough knowledge of corporate operations, policies, and organizational structure
- Excellent communication skills, customer service orientation, professional demeanor, and ability to maintain confidentiality and employ tact and diplomacy
- Strong time management, problem-solving, prioritization and organizational skills with the ability to organize work independently and handle multiple tasks while remaining detail oriented.
- Must be able to take initiative, plan and organize work independently, exercise good judgment, maintain confidentiality and discretion
- Working knowledge of personal computer & advanced skills in related software (Microsoft Office). Skill in PDF manipulation is a plus.