Apprentice Technician - Audi
Posted on Mar 10, 2019 by Warren Henry Automotive Group
Job ID 2
Category Skilled Labor-Trades
The Apprentice Technician is responsible for performing vehicle repairs, inspections and maintenance work in accordance with dealer and Audi standards. In addition, the Apprentice Technician will be required to assist other Technicians and perform other workshop duties as instructed.
- Receive repair orders from the dispatcher and acquire keys to vehicle.
- Perform a thorough safety check and multi point inspection to determine if any additional service work is required.
- Record inspection findings into the MPI system and move flags to request parts pricing or Service Consultant assistance.
- Check for any related service actions or bulletins.
- Place any customer requested saved parts into a plastic bag or box and place the items in the trunk of the customer's vehicle. Note on the repair order that this task was completed.
- Turn in all removed warranty parts to the parts department and have repair order signed off by parts personnel.
- Advise Service Consultant if repairs cannot be completed within time promised.
- Document a detailed description of the repair(s) performed to dealer and Audi standards.
- Road test vehicles as required. Notify Shop Foreman of any test drives that will take longer than 10 minutes.
- Verify that all repairs completed are correct and safe for vehicle return to the client.
- Ensure the client's vehicle is kept protected and clean during the repair process. Wipe down any dirt or grease before sending the vehicle to car wash.
- Keep stall area neat and keep floors free from spills or slippery fluids. Mop as needed.
- During any time a vehicle is not present in the stall, the Apprentice Technician will clean the shop and shop equipment. This includes wiping down lifts, removing trash, removing tires, mopping and any other items that may need cleaning.
- If the shop has been cleaned and a vehicle is not present in the stall the Apprentice Technician will assist Technicians and act in a helper/learning capacity.
- Apprentice Technician may be needed to fulfill other shop needs such as errands or assisting in a porter/driver capacity.
- Follow all federal, state and local regulations for disposing of hazardous waste.
- Use safety equipment and follow all safety rules when handling fluids and using equipment.
- Maintain all Audi Certifications and keep continuing education up to date with factory training, service bulletins, and dealer standards.
- Maintain Compligo and complete assigned modules in a timely manner.
- Maintain a well-groomed appearance and uniform while performing job duties or away at training.
- Conduct yourself in a suitable fashion when in uniform and off of the dealership premises. Your conduct will reflect the dealership directly and you must display a positive image for Audi Gainesville.
- Maintain a pleasant working relationship with all dealership employees.
- High School diploma or the equivalent.
- Valid driver's license.
- Ability to read and comprehend instruction and information.
- Ability to use a computer to search for bulletins or technical information.
- Must provide your own tools. (All Audi specific special tools will be supplied by the dealer to share.)
- Must supply your own OSHA approved footwear.