Quality Assurance Supervisor
Posted on Mar 10, 2019 by RADIANS INC
The Quality Assurance Supervisor is responsible for leading and coordinating the activities of QA workers. They will work in conjunction with the Quality Assurance Manager to support customer satisfaction including conformance to standards of the Quality Management System. This position will work hand in hand with the Operations Management team to meet the objectives of quality within the deadlines of receiving product (quality inspection), shipping product (outbound inspection), and prioritization of rework for outstanding orders.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Direct and coordinate the activities of employees engaged in the quality inspection, audit, customer return, product returns and rework of goods against daily deadlines for receiving product, shipping orders and processing customer returns.
- Identify, communicate, and resolve issues related to product and processes and implement corrective and preventive actions to prevent repetitive issues and ensure processes are in place to support the business requirements.
- Maintain control of all quarantined product and facilitate timely actions to resolve nonconformance working closely with the Operations warehouse management team to ensure compliance. Audit all QA, rework, and returns monthly for month end accuracy and compliance as required by process / procedure.
- Track all quality measurements accurately for returns, rework and quality inspection. Distribute measurements to management and Operations for action / review and set targets for improvement.
- Manage and schedule assignments, shift schedules, and production sequences to meet QA and operational goals. Supervisor must be capable to perform all quality functions under the roles supervision and lead by example. Ensure all QA employees are trained, competent, and effective in their roles and have all roles cross-trained to support business requirements.
- Read and analyze work orders, production schedules, and other records and reports to determine requirements and to evaluate current completion estimates and outputs including but not limited to Interpretation of specifications, job orders, and company policies and procedures for workers.
- Recommend or implement measures to motivate employees and to improve methods, equipment performance, product quality, and efficiency.
- Enforce safety, housekeeping, and sanitation expectations within the facility.
- Other duties as assigned
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: Directly leads up to six employees in the QA Department or project teams as required for rework. Executes responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; assisting in appraising performance; assisting in rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE and OTHER SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- High school diploma or GED
- 2+ years leadership experience in manufacturing, distribution, or QA environment, with ability to work in a team environment
- Must be self-driven to compete projects, tasks, and goals with ability to multi task and prioritize.
- Strong problem solving skills, organizational skills, and interpersonal skills. Ability to communicate tasks and work assignments is critical along with ability to communicate to management.
- Must be a user of MS Office and have strong reporting capabilities in MS Excel and MS Word
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, including strong presentation skills
- Ability to lift up to 40 lbs. (pounds) as required
- Ability to coordinate the work and activities of others
- Persuasive ability to motivate subordinates
- Ability to monitor work progress; change/revise and take action as needed
- Ability to work with mathematical and reasoning concepts, including:
oMust be able to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages and proportions to practical situations
oAbility to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
oAbility to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to sit, climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms, talk or hear.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The employee is occasionally exposed to manufacturing smells and/or or caustic chemicals; risk of electrical shock; the employee also will be working near moving mechanical parts.