Posted on Mar 10, 2019 by SJS Executives, LLC
Location: US-VA-Virginia Beach
Job ID: 2
# of Openings: 1
Category: Facilities Management
Phone Extension: 108
SJS Executives has an immediate need for a Pipefitter.
- Performs the full range of journeyman level plumbing tasks including the installation, modification, and repair of new and existing utility, supply, and disposal systems, such as, sewage, water, and gas distribution systems, and fixtures and equipment such as tubs, toilets, water heaters, and showers
- When performing service work, estimates labor and material requirements to determine job scope.
- Works from building plans, blueprints, work orders, and sketches, plans and lays out routing, placement, slant, slope, fall and proper operation of new and existing systems and equipment.
- Installs, modifies, and repairs systems by locating and tapping mainlines, cutting route opening, placing hangers, and determining and installing valves, traps, and unions needed.
- Locates leaks or obstructions and repairs or clears them.
- Must have a thorough knowledge of plumbing methods and techniques to perform work in the installation, modification or repair of various supply, disposal, and utility systems and equipment.
- Skill necessary to plan and lay out routing, openings, slant, and level of water and gas lines, location and arrangement of equipment.
- Knowledge to interpret and apply building plans and blueprints.
- Ability to use trade mathematics in order to lay out arcs, circles, and tangents.
- Skilled in the use of plumbing tools and equipment, such as plumb bobs, mercury gauges, dividers, augers, and hydrostatic pumps.
- This position requires a valid state driver's license.
- Must be able to wear and use all required personal protective equipment (PPE) to meet the requirements of the duties being performed.
Please send resumes to