HVAC Equipment Mechanic
Posted on Mar 10, 2019 by SJS Executives, LLC
Location: US-VA-Virginia Beach
Job ID: 2
# of Openings: 1
Category: Skilled Trades
Phone Extension: 108
SJS Executives is seeking an experienced HVAC Equipment Mechanic. Our ideal candidate will have the skill and ability to disassemble, repair and reassemble units such as pumps, impellers, compressors, chillers, receivers, evaporators, condenser and motors. Candidates will knowledge of the principles and theories of air conditioning and refrigeration as they relate to the refrigeration cycle, heat transfer laws and the use of refrigerant tables.
- Performs installation, maintenance, troubleshooting, and repair of commercial and industrial air conditioning and refrigeration systems that provide a variety of functions such as heating, cooling, humidifying, dehumidifying, circulating and filtering.
- Carry certification card on person while in a duty status, the card shall be presented upon request.
- Size and complexity of air conditioning and refrigeration equipment worked on varies.
- Systems use various methods of air conditioning such as mechanical and vapor compression, absorption and air cycle.
- Some of these areas may have special, critical or rigid environmental control requirements such as communication centers, data processing centers and operating rooms.
- Maintains the efficiency, reliability and safety of operation of systems by checking performance, diagnosing problems, and making necessary repairs or adjustments or by replacing defective parts.
- Checks elements such as low side and high side pressure, temperature of the cooling units, pressure and temperature of the liquid and suction lines, and the running time of the various mechanisms
- Repairs or replaces fans, pumps, thermostats, humidistats, motors, compressors, valves, gauges, pneumatic and electric controls, filters and other related elements.
- Installs refrigeration and air conditioning systems by positioning compressors, motors, condensers, humidifiers, dehumidifiers, evaporators, heaters, and other components in accordance with design specifications.
- Installs and connects auxiliary control mechanisms and piping or tubing.
- Connects recording and gauging devices.
- Charges refrigeration systems and tests installation for leaks.
- Starts unit and adjusts it for proper operation and optimum performance.
- Must have the skill and knowledge necessary to install, maintain, troubleshoot and repair a wide variety of air conditioning and refrigeration systems including circulating air and chilled water air conditioning systems, high, medium and low temperature refrigeration systems, and total environmental control systems.
- Make repairs to a variety of heating, ventilation; air conditioning, and refrigeration systems.
- Read and interpret blueprints, specifications and technical instructions.
- Skilled in the use a variety of tools, test equipment, and close tolerance measuring devices such as voltmeters, ammeters, multimeters, vacuum and acid pumps, pressure gauges, serviceman's thermometer, humidity recorders, micrometers, calipers and soldering equipment
- Evaluate system operation, detect deficiencies, troubleshoot cause and make necessary adjustments and repairs.
- Follow all guidelines and procedures pertaining to the use and handling of refrigerants specified by 40 CFR 82, its codices, amendments and subparts; all local, state and federal regulations; and PWC policies, standard operating procedures and practices.
- Moderate lifting up to 50 pounds
- Responsible for staying abreast of current and ever-changing environmental laws pertaining to refrigerant handling.
- Able to learn and utilize this software platform - NAVFAC's MAXIMO
- May be required to respond to job related emergencies, within 1 hour of notification.
- U.S Citizen - Proof of citizenship with be requested
- Valid State Driver's License
- Universal Certification received from an EPA approved certifying program.
- CPR Certified prior to starting position
- Ability to gain base access
Please send resumes to