HVAC Equipment Mechanic
Posted on Mar 10, 2019 by SJS Executives, LLC
Job ID: 2
# of Openings: 2
Category: Skilled Trades
Phone Extension: 108
SJS Executives is currently seeking an experienced HVAC Equipment Mechanic. Our ideal candidate will be able to perform installation, maintenance, troubleshoot and repair commercial and industrial air conditioning and refrigeration systems that provide a variety of functions such as heating, cooling, humidifying, dehumidifying, circulating and filtering.
- Size and complexity of air conditioning and refrigeration equipment worked on varies.
- Systems use various methods of air conditioning such as mechanical and vapor compression, absorption and air cycle.
- Some of these areas may have special, critical or rigid environmental control requirements such as communication centers, data processing centers and operating rooms.
- Maintains the efficiency, reliability and safety of operation of systems by checking performance, diagnosing problems, and making necessary repairs or adjustments or by replacing defective parts.
- Checks elements such as low side and high side pressure, temperature of the cooling units, pressure and temperature of the liquid and suction lines, and the running time of the various mechanisms
- Repairs or replaces fans, pumps, thermostats, humidistats, motors, compressors, valves, gauges, pneumatic and electric controls, filters and other related elements.
- Universal Certification card must be carried on person while in a duty status. The card shall be presented upon request.
- Installs refrigeration and air conditioning systems by positioning compressors, motors, condensers, humidifiers, dehumidifiers, evaporators, heaters, and other components in accordance with design specifications.
- Installs and connects auxiliary control mechanisms and piping or tubing.
- U.S. Citizen - Proof of Citizenship will required
- Valid Universal Certification received from an EPA approved certifying program.
- CPR certification - obtained before start of position
- Able to lift 50 pounds
- Responsible for staying abreast of current and ever-changing environmental laws pertaining to refrigerant handling.
Please send resumes to