Manager, IS Technology-Server, Storage (App Hosting)
Posted on Mar 10, 2019 by Legacy Health System
Job Location: System Office 1120 Building
Department: IS Digital Services
Position Status: Regular Full-Time
Avg Hrs/Wk: 40
Pay Range: Commensurate with Experience
FLSA Status: Exempt
Work_Days: Mon-Fri, occasional weekends
Every aspect of what we do at Legacy reinforces our commitment to improve the lives of our staff, our patients and our visitors. Information Services is no exception. IS drives so much of what we do, and we look for experts in the field to lead the way. Do you have your finger on the pulse of information systems for business and health care? Can you analyze, build, test, support and maintain systems that will benefit our hospital system and those we serve? If so, we'd like to hear from you.
The Manager, IS Technology is responsible for the design, engineering, management and support of Legacy's key infrastructure (Server, Storage, and Cloud). The manager reports to the Director, IS Technology and manages a team of highly technical engineers focused on Legacy's Windows Server, enterprise storage and cloud environment. The role is extremely hands-on and will be expected to provide guidance and subject matter expertise to key projects.
Works closely with Legacy's systems architects, peer managers and senior IT leadership to create a business focused technology strategy that supports Legacy's mission and vision. This role also collaborates with other managers and stake holders to ensure that the application hosting infrastructure is reliable and secure. Experience in Microsoft Azure and automation tools are desired.
Serves as a role model and mentor for their team and collaborates with peer managers on other teams to improve the delivery of Legacy's technical services. Facilitates communication between staff, leadership and customers. Acts as a senior level team representative to projects and is responsible for negotiating win-win solutions to difficult challenges. Has authority to commit team resources and make technical decisions in support of key initiatives.
Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required.
- Five years of progressively responsible experience in information technology. Prior management experience (manager, project manager, lead or architect) including staff development/supervision and budget accountability, is strongly preferred.
- Prior experience in a complex environment similar to the size and scale of Legacy Health.
- Proven experience developing engineering standards to include technology, process and workflow.
- Knowledge of hospital/healthcare environment is preferred.
- Broad knowledge of current developments and trends in infrastructure technology including networking, telecommunications, server, storage, virtualization, systems monitoring, and disaster recovery.
- Proven background designing and managing customer centric systems and tools with a clear focus on the user experience.
- Ability to drive fundamental root cause analyses and maintain a continuous learning feedback loop.
- Strong interpersonal skills that allow for effective working relationships with a wide range of people and roles inside and outside of Legacy Health.
- Ability to design and refine technical components and/or overall technical/functional architecture for complex systems
- Thorough understanding of current trends in their domain specialty, as well as trends in information technology and healthcare.
- Demonstrated ability to do systematic, thorough problem solving and have ability to initiate client problem resolution.
- Metrics-driven: Strong analytical and synthesis skills are a must, including the ability to absorb and process large amounts of data into actionable information. Track record of using qualitative and quantitative data to prioritize and drive decision-making.
- Working knowledge of DevOps, Agile, Lean or Six Sigma methodologies.
LEADING AT LEGACY
Demonstrates the ability to act consistently with Legacy's Values in Action, exemplifies our core organizational values, and exhibits the leadership competencies outlined in Leading at Legacy.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Vet/Disabled
Project Management Institute (PMI), Lean, Agile or Six Sigma certification preferred.