Posted on Mar 9, 2019 by Konica Minolta
Konica Minolta Business Solutions U.S.A., Inc., a global Fortune 1000 company and one of Forbes 2017 America's Best Large Employers, is transforming the way we all do business.
From smart office technology and information management to cloud, mobility and IT services, we have a rich history of creating the products and services necessary to drive innovation and make work possible from anywhere at any time. Our award-winning products and solutions help companies around the world move information faster, improve quality and productivity, enhance security and facilitate the sharing of information. We are proud that our portfolio leads the industry while exceeding environmental standards.
At Konica Minolta, you'll work for an amazing technology company with growth opportunities, great benefits and talented, passionate co-workers.
SymQuest, a subsidiary of Konica Minolta Business Solutions U.S.A., Inc., currently has an excellent opportunity for an Accounting Manager. This position is located in SymQuest's South Burlington, VT office. The Accounting Manager: supports the Director of Finance and Administration in directing cost controls; financial analysis: budgeting; and accounting procedures. Assist in audits of Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, and Financial transactions, and act as lead to accounting personnel. Continuously improve the quality of the SymQuest Group's products and services by researching problems and presenting solutions. Perform in a mutually respectful manner with all internal and external contacts.
Essential Job Functions
- Manages and balances daily tasks for Staff Accountant, Accounts Payable Specialist, AR/ Collections Specialist, and Accounting Support Specialist.
- Trains for and manages consistent coverage for all accounting positions.
- Trains in and works with Riordan SBS-ASK-TEAM processes.
- Supports payroll processing for employees in our Marketplace.
- Works on budget, cost controls, financial analysis, and accounting procedures and makes recommendations.
- Analyzes, investigates and interprets accounting records for the purpose of giving advice or preparing statements.
- Corrects accounting entries as needed.
- Performs reconciliation of complex transactions. (i.e. cash, inventory, prepaid, deferred revenue)
- Prepares and maintains accounting records which may include general accounting, costing or budget data.
- Assists in preparation of financial and operating reports including trial balances, income statements,balance sheets and cash flow statements.
- Establishes and maintains operating procedures.
- Proposes changes to ensure organization achieves financial targets.
- Prepares month-end, quarter-end, and year-end schedules, and participates in year-end audit.
- Inspires, mentors and guides Finance team.
- Organizes internal meetings to create/revise process.
- Communicates to manager areas of challenge and formulates action plans towards resolution.
- Forecasting, Budgeting, Planning, Financial Preparation, Auditing
- Self-Study and Reading, Training for technical software skills, Training accounting industry specific subjects
- Work with internal staff members to train, educate and inspect to maximize accuracy and timeliness of information.
- Staff Accountant (1)
- Accounting Specialists (3)
Competencies (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities)
Customer Focus: Acts with customers in mind; dedicated to meeting internal and external customer expectations. "A Customer is Anyone Who Asks of You"
Problem Solving - Resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; doesn't stop at the first answer, investigates the issue thoroughly.
l eadership - Exhibits confidence in self and others; Inspires and motivates others to perform well; Accepts feedback from others; Gives appropriate recognition to others.
Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance.
Creates and sustains ongoing forums that encourage two-way communication opportunities; demonstrates and promotes positive client and "l'ork relationships; proactively addresses and manages conflict and disputes; works to achieve constructive resolution.
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in all situations; listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings. Capable of explaining complex issues in a concise manner to the appropriate audience.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
Team Work: Balances team and individual responsibilities; gives and welcomes constructive feedback; contributes to the group with a positive attitude.
Motivating Others: Creates a climate in which people want to do their best, empowers others, can motivate many kinds of peoples
Functional/Technical Skills: Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills to do the job at a high level of accomplishment
Experience, Educational Reqts and Certifications
- Required College Degree in Accounting or related field; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Strong PC Skills (Microsoft experience preferred)
- Prior management experience preferred
Konica Minolta Offers:
- Outstanding benefits package (including medical, dental, vision, life insurance)
- 401(k) plan with matching company contribution
- Generous holiday and paid time off schedules
- Tuition Assistance Program
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Ongoing professional development training
- Visible, exciting work supporting sales of cutting edge technology and workflow solutions.
Join Konica Minolta and help drive innovation as we transform the Workplace of the Future.™
Konica Minolta is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, sex, pregnancy, age, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender identity, disability, alienage or citizenship status, marital status or partnership status, genetic information, veteran status or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
MI WINDOWS AND DOORS
CONFERENCE DIRECT LLC
Ned Davis Research Inc.