RN - Registered Nurse - Acute Rehab FT Evenings
Posted on Mar 9, 2019 by Ascension
We Are Hiring
RN - Registered Nurse - Acute Rehab Unit 001 - FT Evenings, 72 Hours, Bi-weekly rotating schedule 40 hours one week; 32 hours the other week; Amsterdam Memorial Campus - Amsterdam, NY
Why Join Ascension?
Why Join the St. Mary's Ascension Family?
For us, work is more than the place we go each day. It's an environment that nurtures relationships, connects talent, and understands patients so we can provide holistic care that treats the whole person: body, mind and spirit. Our innovative approach impacts and influences the community that we serve. So if you're looking for a home where you can put your skills and experience to work, make a difference every day and pursue your goals for the future, join our team.
St. Mary's Healthcare in Amsterdam, N.Y., part of Ascension, features an award-winning acute care hospital, primary and specialty care centers throughout Fulton and Montgomery counties, more than 30 behavioral health services for persons in Fulton, Montgomery and Hamilton counties, a full continuum of physical rehabilitation services and a 160-bed nursing home. The organization has earned exceptional national rankings for excellence in medicine and has a continuing commitment to provide an exceptional patient experience.
- Power of Purpose: For us, work is more than the place we go each day. It's an environment that nurtures relationships, connects talent, and understands patients so we can provide holistic care that treats the whole person: body, mind and spirit. Our innovative approach impacts and influences the community that we serve.
- Compensation/Benefits: At Ascension, we care for the people who are the foundation of our work to fulfill our mission: our associates. We offer a comprehensive benefit package inclusive of medical, dental, vision, retirement, and generous PTO. Associates can also take advantage of other great benefits like tuition reimbursement or adoption assistance.
- Culture of Teamwork: We encourage diversity of talent and thought; while offering the support of a multidisciplinary team. We work to build teams that respect each other. A team that respects each other feels good. We are on a mission to help people feel good, patients and associates.
- Teamwork: Our open, highly collaborative work environment allows associates to identify and share ideas across disciplines so we can all give better care.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with St. Mary's Hospital - NY, you will have the opportunity to provide direct nursing care in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization.
- Implements and monitors patient care plans. Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate.
- Serves as a primary coordinator of all disciplines for well-coordinated patient care.
- Notes and carries out physician and nursing orders.
- Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team.
- Assists patients in adapting to an altered lifestyle while providing a therapeutic environment for patient and family development
- Implements and educates on treatments strategies that are based on scientific nursing theory related to self care and promotes physical, psychosocial and spiritual health
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- Advanced Life Support obtained within 12 Months (1 year) of hire date or job transfer date.
- Certified BLS Provider obtained within 3 Months (90 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
- Licensed Registered Nurse credentialed from the New York Department of Education obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
Education & Work Experience:
- Associate's degree required; Bachelor's preferred and 1-2 years medical/surgical nursing strongly recommended.
- ACLS, Med/Surg or Rehab experience, RN.
Equal Employment Opportunity