RN Registered Nurse - Ambulatory Care
Posted on Mar 9, 2019 by Ascension
We Are Hiring
Registered Nurse - Ambulatory Care - Perioperative Care Anc 001 - PT Days Monday through Friday; various rotating shifts: 6am - 2:30pm; 7am - 330pm; 8am - 430pm; 9am - 5:30 pm and 10am - 6:30pm; currently no weekends or holidays - St Mary's Hospital - Amsterdam, NY
Why Join Ascension?
Since its beginning in 1903, St. Mary's in Amsterdam, NY, part of Ascension, has provided compassionate care to the patients it serves giving special attention to the poor and vulnerable populations in the area including Amsterdam and the surrounding areas which sit at the feet of the majestic Adirondack Mountains. Patients, physicians and associates prefer us because of our reputation for excellence and service, and our commitment to safety and quality. Our Catholic health ministry is dedicated to spiritually centered, holistic care, which sustains and improves the health of individuals and communities. We are advocates for a compassionate and just society through our actions and our words. St. Mary's features an award-winning acute care hospital, primary and specialty care centers throughout Fulton and Montgomery counties, more than 30 behavioral health services for persons in Fulton, Montgomery and Hamilton counties, a full continuum of physical rehabilitation services and a 160-bed nursing home. The organization has earned exceptional national rankings for excellence in medicine and has a continuing commitment to provide an exceptional patient experience. As a Professional Registered Nurse with Ascension St. Mary's, you will have the opportunity to minister to the physical, spiritual, emotional, psychosocial and cultural needs of our patients, family members, and hospital staff. You will be a valued team member who is making a difference in the lives of patients who are acutely ill or recovering from surgery.You will become a member of an inspired Model Community of engaged associates.
What You Will Do
As an Registered Nurse with St. Mary's Hospital, you will have the opportunity to deliver professional nursing care in the preoperative and postoperative settings to patients undergoing surgical or other invasive procedures.
- Implements and monitors patient care plans. Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate.
- Serves as a primary coordinator of all disciplines for well-coordinated patient care.
- Notes and carries out physician and nursing orders.
- Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team.
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- Advanced Life Support obtained within 3 months of hire date or job transfer date.
- Certified BLS Provider obtained within 3 Months of hire date or job transfer date.
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support obtained within 3 months of hire date or job transfer date.
- Licensed Registered Nurse credentialed from the New York Department of Education obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
Education & Work Experience:
- Associate Degree in nursing required.
- Bachelors degree is preferred.
- BSN preferred but not required.
- Minimum of 1 year med/surg experience.
- BLS, ACLS and PALS within 3 months of hire.
Equal Employment Opportunity