RN Occupational Health
Posted on Mar 9, 2019 by Ascension
We Are Hiring
RN Occupational Health - Associate Health and Wellness - PRN, Days - 2800 St Vincent Med Ctr - Bridgeport, CT
Why Join Ascension?
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As the largest non-profit health system in the U.S. and the world's largest Catholic health system, Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, with special attention to persons living in poverty and those most vulnerable. In FY2017, Ascension provided more than $1.8 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs. Ascension includes approximately 165,000 associates and 34,000 aligned providers. Ascension's Healthcare Division operates more than 2,600 sites of care - including 153 hospitals and more than 50 senior living facilities - in 22 states and the District of Columbia, while its Solutions Division provides a variety of services and solutions including physician practice management, venture capital investing, investment management, biomedical engineering, facilities management, clinical care management, information services, risk management, and contracting through Ascension's own group purchasing organization.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with Ascension, you will have the opportunity to provide health care services to the organization's employees in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization.
- Provides treatment for job related injuries and illnesses.
- Conducts pre-employment health screenings and immunization clinics.
- Ensures compliance with applicable workplace safety laws and regulations.
- May also conduct safety training programs.
- Provides employee counseling and referrals for occupational injuries and illnesses as well as other health-related matters.
- Documents the nursing process in care management, evaluates care effectiveness, and documents all aspects of assessment and care management.
- Conducts health screening and surveillance activities including occupational and environmental health histories and health assessments.
- Assesses and identifies occupational and non-occupational injuries and illnesses.
- Assesses essential functions of job to facilitate hiring, proper placement, fitness for duty, reasonable accommodation, and return to work.
- Implements occupational and environmental health and safety education and training which incorporate knowledge of current laws and regulations governing worker, worksite and community health and safety.
- Collaborates with other disciplines in regards to education and training programs.
- Collaborates with other professionals to identify potential exposures in the work environment through periodic worksite walk through, focused inspections, records review, job hazard analysis, and incident investigations.
- Maintains and safeguards overall recordkeeping system and associate case management records in keeping with established codes of ethics and legal or regulatory requirements to assure confidentiality of candidates for case management, early intervention, or with gaps in the service continuum. Implements effective return to work and modified duty programs.
- Assesses, plans, implements, and evaluates health promotion and disease prevention and control strategies and programs by providing programs and services that increase awareness of health issues and choices.
- Identifies resources that describe relevant research findings and applies them to practice.
- Assists in coordinating the provision of occupational health services and programs through participation in the formulation of goals, plans, and decisions related to programs and services, and development of the budget for the program or service.
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- Current Basic Life Support for Healthcare Providers (BLS-HCP) course completion card from the American Health Association is required prior to hire or job transfer date.
- Registered Nurse obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Active state Registered Nurse (RN) license.
- Preferred Credential(s):
- Nurse or Certified Occupational Health Nurse Specialist (COHN/COHN-S) from the American Board for Occupational Health Nurses is preferred.
- Diploma from an accredited school/college of nursing required.
- Bachelor's degree in nursing preferred.
- 1 year of experience required.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Ascension Health participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E -Verify (link to E-verify site)