Posted on Mar 9, 2019 by Corbins Electric
The Project Accountant (PA) will work closely with Project Managers (PMs) and Project Engineers (PEs) to monitor the progress of projects, investigate variances, coordinate compliance documents and ensure project billings are issued to customers and payments are collected in a timely manner.Responsibilities
- Set up new projects based on approved format, assist with redlined contracts and route to proper departments for signatures.
- Accurately enter approved budgets.
- Order and track lien waivers, insurance, preliminary notices and bonds (where applicable).
- Effectively communicate with PMs regarding contract documents, change orders and other contract modifications, approvals, and any additional services-related to billing.
- Assist PMs for Month End and WIP preparations (i.e.: job cost transfers, proposed/approved/executed change orders, unapproved AP invoices).
- Issue Subcontract Agreements, Work Authorizations, Master Sub Agreements and/or Subcontract Change Orders as directed by PMs, PEs and/or Operations Department.
- Process and enter all Subcontractor AP billings. Provide the accounts payables team member with open line of communication to clear any open issues.
- Maintain accurate document tracking, including Subcontract documents and insurance requirements.
- Research and investigate any unbilled Subcontractor issues to optimize the billing possibilities for that specific billing period.
- Assist PMs with Schedule of Values for all fixed prices projects.
- Prepare final invoice package containing draft and final invoices for all billable projects, including all applicable backup.
- Prepare time and material billings on as needed basis.
- Maintain the billing folders for all projects, with all the appropriate documents, including expenses and monthly invoices, in accordance with standard procedures.
- Research and resolve billing and/or payment discrepancies
- Assess and pursue opportunities for maximization of client billing; communicate with the PM.
- Perform additional assignments, as directed by Senior Project Accountant, Controller or CFO.
- Bachelor's Degree or some college courses in accounting or business preferred
- Intermediate to advanced computer literacy, including experience in word processing, spreadsheets and accounting software
- More than 5 years of billing and receivables, with at least 2-3 years in a construction environment
- Knowledge of Dexter Chaney/Spectrum Software or other accounting platform, a plus
- A thorough knowledge of standard contract terms and how they are applied in the construction billing process
- Ability to work well with others under deadline situations and respond to changes in priorities
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, organizational skills and accuracy
- Ability to work independently, take initiative, set priorities and see projects through to completion
- Employ problem-solving skills and analysis, and report problems to supervisors, as necessary
- Strong service orientation
- Knowledge of the project structure in a General Contractor/Subcontractor business environment.