Sonography Technologist - Vascular
Posted on Mar 9, 2019 by Ascension
We Are Hiring
Sonography Technologist - St. Vincent Medical Group Cardiology - PRN Days - Evansville, IN
Why Join Ascension?
St. Vincent, part of Ascension, is a nonprofit, faith-based health system that is guided by our mission to provide compassionate, personalized care, especially for those who are vulnerable. St. Vincent is one of Indiana's largest employers with 22 ministries serving 57 counties in central and southern Indiana. Our 134-year-old health system includes a wide range of services including cardiovascular care, women's and children's health, neurosciences, cancer care, orthopedics, bariatrics, primary care, emergency medicine, imaging, general surgery and long-term acute care.
What You Will Do
Why Join St. Vincent?
- Power of Purpose: For us, work is more than the place we go each day. It's an environment that nurtures relationships, connects talent, and understands patients so we can provide holistic care that treats the whole person: body, mind and spirit. Our innovative approach impacts and influences the community that we serve.
- Transformational Healthcare Environment: Our care teams collaborate between each other nationwide. Through working and learning together, we can create standards of excellence to be used across the system. This helps us provide better care for all persons, with special attention to those who are poor and vulnerable.
- A Passionate Team: Ascension associates are leaders who follow their heart. We give, grow, connect and provide care; together as a team we are committed to our mission of serving the poor and vulnerable.
What You Will Do:
The Sonography Technologist performs diagnostic procedures on patients using ultrasound waves to examine tissue and body structure, providing quality images for interpretation. Here are a few of the duties you will perform:
- Sets up and adjusts all equipment and manually maneuvers transducers to perform exams.
- Implements safety standards and performs appropriate quality control procedures.
- Performs routine and complex studies and assists in a variety of imaging procedures.
- Recognizes significant structures, artifacts, pathology and equipment limitations.
- Ensures equipment is properly functioning. Reports potential problems or equipment malfunction to appropriate personnel. Lock/tag out equipment if appropriate.
- Ensures prompt submission of high-quality of all images and documents sent to PACS (image quality, correct lead markers and patient data/history).
- Assists in maintaining a clean, and orderly department to include procedure rooms, storage areas, dressing rooms, film storage area and any other areas in department.
- Maintains compliance with regulatory agencies.
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 3 Months (90 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
- One or more of the following:
- Cardiographic Tech specializing in Vascular Interpretation credentialed from the Cardiovascular Credentialing International (CCI) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Radiologic Technologist specializing in Radiography credentialed from the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Medical Sonographer credentialed from the American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography (ARDMS) as an RVT (Registered Vascular Tech) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate's degree, or Technical degree required
Equal Employment Opportunity
St. Vincent, a member of Ascension Health, participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)