Senior Accountant, Financial Reporting
Posted on Mar 9, 2019 by Delaware North
This position will be based out of Delaware North's new global headquarters, a state-of-the-art, 12-story, mixed-use building in downtown Buffalo, N.Y. The headquarters facility, reflective of our values, integrates the latest advances in environmental, energy conservation and office design.The Opportunity
The Senior Accountant will support unit and subsidiary management in the preparation and review of monthly accounting close process, contractual reporting compliance and annual external audit of the business.
- Executes strategies and standards related to accounting policy, financial reporting, general ledger maintenance, budgeting, and financial systems and controls
- Supports the management of the monthly, quarterly, and annual accounting close processes for the business
- Provides coaching, and/or mentoring to Global Business Services personnel
- Translates strategy into operational goals and objectives
- Supports annual plan and projection process for business, provides insightful review of year-over-year changes and recommends areas of focus to improve operating margins
- Assists with ad hoc analyses of the finances and prepares reports to facilitate decision making
- Review and support monthly close processes
- Prepare standard monthly, quarterly, and annual journal entries required for assigned units and/or locations.
- Review trial balance accounts periodically for assigned units and/or locations and ask appropriate questions and review reconciliations to become materially aware of accounts.
- Perform account reconciliations for key accounts assigned.
- Read and communicate all key terms in contracts related to accounting and close issues.
- Prepare month-end consolidation entries for operating units along with supporting schedules and reconciliations.
- On a quarterly basis, complete the reporting package per corporate requirements for assigned subsidiaries. This would include the preparation of supporting schedules and review of account reconciliations.
- Working with and assisting management, trouble-shoot unit accounting questions and suggest proper accounting treatments when new accounting issues arise.
- Work and coordinate with other departments to complete assigned tasks and meet departmental deadlines/objectives/goals.
- Perform research and prepare documentation to support the annual external financial audit process for business
- Ensure timely and high-quality delivery of accounting services
- Works to continuously improve efficacy handoffs or transitions of work
- Responsible for analyzing and reporting variances and driving month-end accounting duties
- Oversee audit requirements
- Work to maintain Service Level Agreements and build continuous improvement
- Collaborate with corporate functions across the board to ensure any required changes to policies, procedures, and processes are implemented
- Collaborate with data owners/stewards to align on process and data issues
Qualifications: Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Associate's degree in business related curriculum coupled with relevant prior accounting experience. Prefer 2+ years of accounting experience. Certified Public Accountant (CPA) required. No major travel requirements. Deep understanding of Finance and Accounting processes. Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP). Expertise in driving continuous improvement and business process management. Strong computer skills, including MS Office and PeopleSoft Financials or similar accounting software. Understanding of how to drive effective performance management. Facilitation, detailed collaboration, and effective communication skills.Who We Are
Take your career beyond the ordinary-to the extraordinary.
At Delaware North, you'll love where you work, who you work with, and how your day unfolds. Whether it's in sporting venues, casinos, airports, national parks, iconic hotels, or premier restaurants, there's no telling where your career can ultimately take you. We empower you to do great work in a company with 100 years of success, stability and growth. If you have drive and enjoy the thrill of making things happen - share our vision, grow with us.
Delaware North is one of the largest and most admired, privately-held hospitality companies in the world. Founded and owned by the Jacobs family for nearly 100 years, it is a global leader in hospitality and food service with operations in the sports, travel hospitality, restaurants and catering, parks, resorts, gaming and specialty retail industries. Delaware North has annual revenue exceeding $3 billion with 60,000 employee associates. To learn more, visit .
All applicants will be subject to a pre-employment background check and may be subject to a pre-employment drug test depending upon the position and/or client requirements.
Delaware North Companies, Incorporated and its subsidiaries consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. Delaware North is an equal opportunity employer.